1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something that really aggrivates me.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by NateDawg, Feb 28, 2009.

1. NateDawg

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, this may be offensive to most but its not intended to be.

My family are racist, prejudice, etc.. (Two of my dad's sisters.) In a duscussion tonight they brought up a woman that divorced her husband to be with another woman. I said, "So what?"; They proceeded to say, "Why would she divorce her husband and become a lilly licker. (yes this is what they said.) It aggrivates me to heck. Why do they all seem to think just because someone leaves the opposite sex and goes to the same sex it's just sexual?

2. KatoKumi

I'm sorry, but I know where you're coming from.

It doesn't seem like they made it all about sex the way you said it. Maybe it's just the fact that she's with a woman. Sometimes people just have their preconceived notions [like my family too!]. It's just something they get as children, and things like that are really hard to change.

Good call on them for saying Lilly Licker though, ahha.

3. NateDawg

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    lol... it cracks me up, but at the same time disgusts me. I can't get over how my family acts liek this. They are religious people. the bible says to love thy neighbor and not to judge. EVEN if they BELIEVE being gay is wrong. lol.

4. KatoKumi

After my 10 years of studying the Bible, all I know is that it's full of loopholes. No offense meant to anyone, but a lot of it contradicts other parts of it.

As long as it works out for them, I'm not one to judge x__x;

5. MyLife134

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    My dumb dad is the exact same way! It bugs me when he complaines because two of my friends are gay and one is bi and he doesn't get what i try to explain it to him.

6. tazz

tazz Guest

ugh, I know what you mean man...

I sort of tried to desensitize myself to these dumb arguments they make, which is why I don't get offended as much. I mean, what did your Aunt's expect...to have that woman be miserable for the rest of her life just so she wouldn't be judged by a bunch of bigots?

And don't get me started on the Bible...