1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exams and stress!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by coley, May 24, 2016.

1. coley

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've searched around and haven't come across any threads about exams? I'm doing my A Levels at the moment, and I know they are exclusive to the UK but I've heard a lot of Americans are doing finals right now, so if you can relate it would be cool to know how you're doing!

It's kind of a dumb/boring thread topic but I just was wondering how everyone was getting on with their exams? And what everyone is studying for subjectwise? (also just trying to meet more teens on this site, especially y'all from the uk!)

I'm incredibly stressed right now, having done three of my exams with four more to go. I'm sitting my A2s this year, doing English Literature, History and ICT. I took the same, with but with Politics as well, last year and I don't remember it being anywhere near as stressful as it is this year? I guess it's do with this seeming like the final and only chance ahah. I have an offer for the course I want to take in September too, so getting the grades is a really important thing for me right now!! If only it wasn't so hard lol.

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I finished exams about a month ago :grin: I either did pretty good or got bellcurves :lol: But I was freaking out over my Statistics exams because it was worth 60% :/ I also took genetics, demography, a zoology class and Latin class :slight_smile:

Good luck with your finals!

#2 HM03, May 24, 2016
    Last edited: May 24, 2016
  3. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just did my last exam of the semester this morning.

It was a Spanish vocabulary/text redaction/text comprehension exam. I have no problems in Spanish, so I didn't really study for it.

I'm not one to stress too much about exams, but I always get a bit nervous for German exams. I seem to never be able to write a sentence without messing up the syntax -_-

I'm studying languages in Cegep (community college, I think?), but it was my last semester. Next year, I'll be studying translation at university and I'll be continuing with Spanish and German. I'm planing to learn Italian as well :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Edgar

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm doing my 'AS' (not really AS because of the reforms) exams at the moment and if it gets way more stressful next year then there's no way that I'll be able to cope. I suppose this year there is the opportunity to retake, but it still is the grades that go to UCAS. I'm finding it particularly stressful because the reformed ones I take are vastly different to the old Spec and we only have one paper that we can use to practice. Seems slightly unfair, but then everyone is in the same position I suppose.

5. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm in the middle of my GCSEs right now. They've all gone okay so far (except for biology, which I'm certain I screwed up) and to be honest I'm probably a lot less worried for most of them than I feel like I should be. I'm pretty confident in all my subjects and I just hope I won't collapse under exam stress any time soon like I did for my bio exam. I'm also a very adept procrastinator, and I'll find any excuse to not revise because being stuck at home all day doing past papers and going over topics time and time again is so damn boring.

Good luck to everyone else doing exams. Try not to die.

6. Glowing Eyes

I actually like finals wweek this year because I only have to do 3 finals (1 per day) as opposed to last semester where I had 6 (2 per day). The best part, O get to leave school at 12 in the morning. Today specifically, I had nothing for first period so I just came to school for less than 2 hours to do (literally) the easiest test of the year. The bell just rang a few seconds ago.

7. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm doing A2 this year; English literature and Sociology (EPQ and Health and Social care as B-Tecs). I need to get an A in both (to get a B overall in English lit. and an A in sociology).

Just did my education AS re-sit today, I think it went okay. I definitly found it easier than last year due to A2 being way harder this year - and A2 is going okay. Finally getting an A grade in my mock 9 and 33 markers, so that's good.

What books are you doing for English literature? For me; Dr Faustus, Wuthering Heights and Bloody Chamber with the theme of Gothic conventions.

8. coley

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Glad your resit went okay! And good luck in the rest of your exams, here's to hoping you get the grades you want!!

For Eng Lit this year we did Pardoner's Prologue and Tale for poetry, King Lear with Burial at Thebes for drama, plus Wide Sargasso Sea, The Color Purple and The Illusionist for prose. I've already had my two Eng Lit exams and I'm glad I'm resitting Eng Lit at AS because they really could have gone better ahaha. We did Wuthering Heights at AS so I guess we have that in common? Otherwise our curriculums seem pretty different lol.

9. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I read the synopsis on shmoop notes for The Colour Purple, thinking I was going to do it for The Handmaid's Tale comparison, but decided on Fahrenheit 451 in the end. We're doing AQA so yours might be different, not sure about NI's education system.

10. coley

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I completely forgot about the reforms!! Northern Ireland is rejecting the reforms and sticking with the old system so we're having a much easier time ahaha.

Even if next year is harder/more stressful, you'll be able to cope after having gone through this year. Hope it all still goes really well for you! Good luck in all of your exams!

11. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have finals in all subjects in later june, and I'm taking the SATs as an entrance exam next week for a private school

12. Loppox

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ooohh Good luck! :grin: and the rest of you too of course hah.

I'm also currently doing my exams, I have two more to go, so I'm almost done. :slight_smile:
    Finishing with secondary school, finally. I've just finished my greek exam today and philosophy is on the program for tomorrow :O
    At the same time I have to write an essay for uni (already!)...

I am so ready for summer.

Have a great day tho :grin:

#12 Loppox, May 24, 2016
    Last edited: May 24, 2016
  13. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a maths exam in two days.

[​IMG]

Help me.....

:bang:

14. Dingdang

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Final exams do not worry me much, as I do not have to take them in my AP classes. There's a rule at my school that says that you can be exempt from the final exam in an AP class if you are passing with an 80 or higher, have not missed (or been late to) more than 4 periods of that class in the 2nd semester, and have not been suspended. Since I meet these requirements for all 3 of my AP classes—European History, World History, and Calculus—I only have to take the final exams for the easier classes—Principles of Health Science, Chemistry, German, and English. The English test will be the hardest for me, as there is much reading comprehension involved.

---------- Post added 24th May 2016 at 05:36 PM ----------

Good luck on your final exams, everyone!

15. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Mine are fast approaching. Luckily, I have projects to do for most classes which I like better. But yeah, there's a lot going on right now:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Just a few more weeks until break!!

Hang in there and best of luck!
    And good luck to everyone else on their tests!

16. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mine are June 6 and 8th. My last finals of undergrad. So much stress. I'm also applying to schools.