1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YOur input is requested for this work in progress :)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gazwkd, Mar 1, 2009.

1. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

Myself and and aload of lads are hitting one of our many gay scenes here in the u.k, the last one hit about 40 people. We have around 90 confirmations for this one in March.
    I've recently got into photoshop and am learning the ropes.
    I've been playing with a group shot from the last meet we had.. I'm a little stuck for ideas.. this is it so far:

http://new-pix.fitlads.net/large/wKrVpTtzkgFocXIXofzdBKkbwmqhKKqZuzvHRWtajKzxvZbcaduUQWS.jpg

any ideas would be welcome! :icon_bigg

excuse the poor attempt I'm a learner! :icon_redf

2. Greggers

I am actully going to university for Graphic Design atm :slight_smile:

Its looking good so far, some tips i have though:

The focus is currently very much in the bottom corner. Its a brighter hue and lightness then the rest of the scene. You may want to balance it out somehow? Text could be more central than just in the bottom, so th whole picture captures your eye not just the corner. There are many filters and such you can play with to give the picture and/or text a more edgy (or whatever you want) feel. It might help to break up the background image with some masks to make it not just one flat image too. And a border. A border might really help to make it look less photo-like.

The thing about Graphic Design is you dont want to listen too much to other people because what makes it good is your own ideas :slight_smile: But these are just a few to spice things up. Overall its looking good.

3. Myke

Myke Guest

Even though i'm not in school for graphic design like Greg is, I've been using Photoshop for almost 7 years.

Is this a poster for the event?

Your background right now is distracting from the main section in the corner. I would maybe dim the background a bit or make the focus point more brighter and more eye catching. If this is a poster, maybe add some text to as where the event, time etc. Centering the group picture and the words might be better but that's up to you.

One thing you could do to make the focal point stand out more is do a glow around the text and picture. You can do this by,

Highlighting the layer(s)
    Right click the layer > Blending Options > Click Outer Glow

and that will put a glow around whatever you want. You can play around with the intensity and the color etc...

Or you can put a Stroke, which just puts a line (border) around whatever you choose.

I hope this helps. You just need to play around with Photoshop to get used to it and figure out what everything does or search up some tutorials.