1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sneaking Out advice? ;)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by carpenoctem308, Jun 1, 2016.

1. carpenoctem308

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The pride parade in my state is on Saturday and my best friend and her very supportive parents have agreed to sneak me out of my house! I mean, technically I won't be sneaking out because my parents know I'm going to hang out with her, but the don't know I'm going to Pride. I've never done anything like this, I've always been the 'good child' of the family so I'm super super nervous. Has anyone done anything like this and can give me some advice on lying about stuff if it comes to that? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

2. AlamoCity

Maybe instead of seizing the night you seize the day :lol:.

3. carpenoctem308

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey, you actually got what carpe noctem means. Cool

4. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I take it you're not out to them? Hmm, that's a bit hard. I cannot tell you what you should tell them if it ever came up, but for me, it's much easier to tell the truth and bear the consequences, than having to lie and get caught out eventually, with bad consequences. I straight-up told my mom that I want to go to Pride in October and she said that I don't need to ask her permission to go, I'm an adult and can make my own decisions. So at least that went down well. That is only one of many occasions where I've noticed that telling the truth is better than lying. I may be overly paranoid, but I see it as a way of protecting myself. Meaning, anything bad can happen, and if they think I'm somewhere else, I'd be in deeeeep shit if they found out I wasn't where I said I was going to be...

But that's just me. I'm out to them, which makes it a whole lot easier. My advice to you is to be honest with your parents. You don't have to come out to them. Just tell them something like you're accompanying your friend because she really wants to go. Then you can come out at a later time? I don't know. You know your situation best. Good luck! (*hug*)

5. carpenoctem308

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks for the advice, but I'm not so sure telling them about it is good. They'll forbid me from talking to/hanging out with my friend, and I really need her right now. I've already told them I'm 'going shopping' in the city where the parade is at, so technically They know where I am and can't get mad at me for that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I would rather beg for forgiveness than ask for permission to be honest. But thanks for the help anyways!