1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Early signs that you were LGBT

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Driftr, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Driftr

Mine are...

1. Starting around 5 years old, I remember when the weather got warm,
    every time I saw a guy (or another little boy) wearing shorts and their legs were showing, I'd get thrilled and feel some sort of "crave" lool.

2. I had these intense feelings (which I would later find out to be crushes) on male cartoon characters...Ash from Pokemon, Christopher Robin from Winnie the Pooh and Carlos from Magic School Bus to name a few lol.

3. I got my first real life crush in Grade 3 on another boy from my church...he'll probably never know lol.

P.S: If you asked me this a few years ago, I'd also say that playing with barbie dolls and wanting to try on a dress and nail polish was a sign but I think it was more a wanting to explore unexplored territory. I know a lot of straight guys probably had that phase too so I don't think it has anything to do with sexuality or gender identity...even though it could be a sign.

I liked how dresses were so animated and girls could twirl it around, and I thought it was so cool that girls wore high heels, but then again I liked wearing a tuxedo with a tie too. Now that I'm grown I don't feel the need to cross-dress...but whatever lol.

Share some signs that you remember as well.

2. carpenoctem308

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I remember the first time I admited to myself that I liked a girl.
    When I was 11 I went over to my cousins house to play some games and she had another friend over who I thought was super attractive. She talked to me and I got all flustered and my face went red. I kept doing things to impress her/get her attention. It didn't occur to me until I got home that I had a little bit of a crush on that girl. I was super disappointed in myself (growing up in a very religious home and all).
    Earlier signs, I guess would be me always hanging out with the boys in my class and just listening to them talk about cute girls. I never joined in but I always wished I could.

3. Nikky DoUrden

When I was 6 there was another kid in the classroom as part of classroom-theater told a funny joke and I laughed.
    But I also felt something other than laughter...!
    I was 6 so i cant say "Attraction" but .. ye ....
    He later came to be my best friend and crush (but now we're not in touch anymore though)

I also think I had a crush on Mighty Max around that age even thu i never saw the TV show i only had a folder with that theme!

#3 Nikky DoUrden, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  4. I always had a desire to be friends with certain people who I'd see as attractive today. Usually these people were more older than me too. I would of been about 6 and they would of been 18 or something. :lol:

5. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'd always been a tomboy and I'd always been drawn to the LGBT community and interested in LGBT rights as a kid for no reason.

I also remember having a couple of crushes on girls, but they were never as intense as the ones I had on boys.

6. Glowing Eyes

I didn't really felt straight despite being attracted to girls. I also wanted to be female and felt like it would fit me much better but could never organize my feelings.

7. Rainsworth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay, this will definitely sound uncomfortable/weird and even morally messed up.. but the first sign ever was getting an erection.. at like, 6-7 years old.. yes you read that right, i used to lay in bed getting ready to sleep, and suddenly i'd get an erection.. a VERY confusing, warm feeling i experienced for the first time in my life, thinking about a certain intimate moment that a teacher did to me.. no, not sexual harassment, i definitely wasn't molested.. it's just normal stuff adults do to little kids like kissing on the cheeks, my father was standing right next to me when this happened, he couldn't have done anything perverted. but the weird thing is, it's not like that was the first time something similar ever happened to me, it's nothing unusual for adults to kiss/hug children, it may have been the fact that he was my favorite teacher, so maybe i was experiencing an unconscious attraction.. that's cute and all, but getting an erection is what seems fucked up to me and still baffles me to this day, it ruins the whole "cute" little student-teacher innocent crush aspect and turn it into a disgusting sexual fantasy featuring a 6-7 years old child and a middle aged man. to this day, thinking about the whole thing makes me feel some type of way, and makes me feel like there's something wrong with me ever since the beginning. still the most confusing moment in my entire life.

#7 Rainsworth, Jun 2, 2016
  8. AlamoCity

I was about two and came out in diapers to the living room and yelled "to be or not to be, that is the question." (True story)

:lol:

In all seriousness, a very early sign I was gay is probably how sensitive I was to the world. My parents stopped watching the evening news for a while because it bothered me how much suffering their was in the world.

#8 AlamoCity, Jun 2, 2016
  9. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Jealousy when my female friends talked to boys or other girls when I was about 11-ish; never really liking wearing dresses or frilly stuff or bows and glitter. Guess that was my inner tomboy talking there, and not so much my bisexuality. But still.

I only really started exploring my same-sex attractions when I was 15/16, when I had my first same-sex kiss, and the rest is history :love:

10. Renegades

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    In preschool, I would always play role play games with a friend or two based off of movies. Alex the Lion from Madagascar, Simba or Mufasa from The Lion King, Aladdin from the movie Aladdin. Also Oscar from Shark Tale. When doing Aladdin or The Lion King, my friends would always play Jasmine, Nala, or Sarabi.

11. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I painted my nails when I was 2 and I dressed really gay at night time.

12. thepandaboss

I tried to have penis measuring contests with neighborhood kids (one kid was even a girl who I think was intersex. She said "hey, lookit what I have" "oh wow, so you have what I have.") when I was 4. Unfortunately, I always, always lost. I didn't know why until I was 5.

I used to love walking around the house shirtless until my mom caught me and flipped- and I didn't know why I wasn't "supposed to".

Had crushes on all the boys in my second-grade class but I remember getting really sick and anxious when one of them wanted me to be their "girlfriend". And I actually liked him before he called me that.

Got fucking pissed on my brother's birthday because he got a basketball, I didn't. Used to play with his toys too. But I also pretended to be a fashion designer for my Barbies. Think a young Tim Gunn.

Used to pray to God and ask him to turn me into a boy. I became an atheist not long after.

13. ChameleonSoul

When I was a little kid, I was a pretty androgynous acting, but I kept it hidden (being from a conservative family). Besides having "boy's toys", I'd always really want to play with my sister's old toys from when she was my age. Most of my family wouldn't let me and I never understood why until I got older. But luckily I had a super cool mom who let me play with my sister's hand-me-downs and even got me my own "girl's toys" on occasion.

Another thing that probably should have stood out to me was when my mom's female cousin got civil-unioned (if that's the right term) to another woman back in 2004, and I was really angry that they couldn't get married like everyone else could.

I also had a really strong crush on this one boy (who today is one of my best friends) in my second grade class. Although that got shut down by the end of the year after hearing my grandparents shout their fundamentalist propaganda. I didn't want to be a sinner and I didn't want him to be one either.

For my gender, I only had one thing but it really stands out. When I was younger I used to always pray that wouldn't grow hair on my chest and that my voice wouldn't get deep like a man. Unfortunately, none of those prayers were answered and it's one of the main reason why I'm an atheist. If I had a name like genderqueer around when I was that age I probably would have realized it a long time ago.

14. Soundwave

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sunday school age 5 my first crush were twins.

15. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My first kiss was with a girl.

16. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a cliche, but it was basically knowing I was a boy in daycare; and wasn't in the mood to deal with binaries being forced on me. One memory that sticks out to me the most was when we had to do Easter crafts and I was forced to use certain colors because "those were for girls, the and others were for boys".

17. Teach1

Teach1 Guest

I remember hanging out with my sisters and looking at TigerBeat magazines I remember agreeing with them about the boys being cute, particularly Scott Baio! I was only 7 or 8.

18. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When we were doing "Hairspray" songs at school, my favourite song to sing was "Ladies' choice" and I wanted to play the part of being Link (Mainly just so I could do the dance routine and sing that song) whilst most of the girls I knew wanted to be with Zac Efron.

I never could quite figure out why I loved that song so much, but I loved to sing it whenever it would come on.

Also, I could never figure out why I was obsessed with Britney Spears so much. :lol:

I used to pretend to be Aladdin at one point.

When we would play pretend house, I would always be either the dog or the husband. In fact, I would often complain about this and I remember this girl at the time turning around to me and saying "but you have to be the dad because you're the one who acts most like the dad", and that was that.

In fact, in drama class most of the time I had to be the dad.

Of course, this all stereotypical stuff but still. :grin:

#18 Canterpiece, Jun 2, 2016
  19. HeavenMade

Out Status:
    A few people
    For the most part, I had crushes on cartoon characters such as Dora from Dora the Explorer and Kim Possible from her show of the same name; however, at that age, I tried ignoring it. When I was ten and in fourth grade, I thought that the black dress that my twenty-something teacher wore to school one day was absolutely stunning in appearance, so much that I even referred to it as "sexy." I always would find it odd how one of my longest female friends (who I never had a crush on, but still) would pin me down in the grass or on my bed and try to attack me; her weight on top of me felt uncomfortable yet had undertones of "goodness" beneath it all at once. I definitely knew that I was queer in seventh grade when a particular girl practically snatched my soul-- and she still has it, but she just won't reciprocate the feelings that I have for her.

20. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    1. There was one time where in a game of fantasy (it's essentially make believe but the plots were more intense) I wanted to play a guy because I literally saw no difference between being a guy and a girl.

2. I looked back, and I had a multitude of crushes on fictional female characters since I was about 5 (very first fictional crush was actually a female), but I did not understand the feelings until recently.

That's all I know of for right now.