1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your heros/people you look up to.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Fedora Mun, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Fedora Mun

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wanted to start a post to ask people who their personal hero/ someone they look up to is/are/was.

For me I have two people: Tim Cook and Alan Turing

Tim Cook is the current CEO of Apple and is an out and proud gay man.
    Alan Turing was a Cambridge professer during world war 2. Not only did he invent the worlds first computer, he also used said computer to crack the Nazi Enigma code, he pretty much single handedly won the Allies the war. Oh, and he was also a gay man in a time when it was illegal to be gay. They made a movie about him called "The Immatation Game" where he is played by the fantastic Benadict Cumberbatch.10/10 movie.

So what people do u all look up to? Who are your personal heroes?

#1 Fedora Mun, Jun 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  2. Andreana21

I have a lot of heroes!

Alan Turing is pretty amazing, Tim Cook too. Many geniuses and great artists were LGBT and helped me come out to terms with my sexual orientation and my love for science and music.
    I love Mika, Cara Delevingne, Leonardo Da Vinci, James Dean, Tom Daley, Ellen Page (one of the greatest speeches ever at the human right's campain) Trevor Moran and Shane Dawson!... But actually I pretty much get excited with any LGBT person who assumes their sexuality and give a true meaning to love <3

3. Jellyfish Clear

My hero isn't a real person but a fictional character
    It is Nanba Mutta from the anime Space brothers. He pretty much taught me what it is like to dream and what you can so with a little bit of determination and hard work.

4. Brytaleith

Right now, a few of my role models include Tony Stark, Sherlock Holmes and Spock. I admire their intellect and logical efficiency (in the case of Sherlock and Spock). I also admire Tony's prowess with technology and his ability to talk shit about everything.