1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know any friends, neighbors, or people they know that are gay, lesbian, or bi?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by charlie12, Jun 21, 2007.

1. charlie12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My second cousin, Danny is gay and he is in his 40s. My mom's friend is a lesbian and she is 45 years old. My neighbor that used to live across the street from me is a lesbian and she is 36 years old. My neighbor that used to live next store to me is gay and he is in his 40s. One of my friends I used to go to high school with I think he is gay and he is 26 years old.

#1 charlie12, Jun 21, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  2. Steam Giant

Re: Anyone know any friends, neighbors, or people they know that are gay, lesbian, or

I have no friends or family that are anything other than straight, which has made it harder to help figure things out. However, the people here at EC have been totally awesome in that regard!

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Re: Anyone know any friends, neighbors, or people they know that are gay, lesbian, or

I work for a clothing shop and online retailer (I do the website design and IT).

The owner/boss is gay and three other male staff are gay. There is only one straight male employee.

There are about seven female employees, six straight and one lesbian.

4. rainbowstyle

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

I have 3 cousins who are lesbians, almost all of my friends are gay or lesbian, and my next door nieghboor is gay and my neighbor across the street is a lesbia... (!) I'm not alone :eusa_danc

5. Lava421

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

I spent the last five minutes coming up with as many openly-non-straight real-life-people as I could, regardless of how well I know them. I thought of 19:

10 bisexuals
    7 gays/lesbians
    1 not sure
    1 asexual

I place this many in these categories:

5/friends
    5/friends' friends I see once in a while
    5/high school
    3/met once through friends
    1/childhood best friend

Note that I am out to four friends and I don't seek out non-straight people.

6. xxAngelOnFirexx

yeah, my two exgirlfriends are bi. i think my one friend is gay too. my cousin seems to be bi. and my nieghbors indirectly behind me are a male gay couple. there was a gay male couple directly behind me that sold to another gay male couple and then they sold it to a straight family. i never talked to any of them though. i think that their may be other gays in my neighbor hood.

7. Kimi

I know this guy at school is gay. I don't really know him but every single students at my school knows about him...

Oh, I don't know anybody who is gay from my neighbors...well, if my neighbors found out someone is gay, they will probably never talk to him/her again:icon_sad:

8. GuitarGirl1350

No family.
    4 gay male friends (One that's not in cyberspace)
    3 bisexual female friends (2 that aren't in cyberspace)
    1 bisexual male friend (who's not in cyberspace)
    and thats it

9. Jim1454

I was reminded over the weekend... there's one person in my extended family that is gay. He's my dad's cousin's cousin... not sure what that makes him to me. He has a really successful business, and for the past several years has been fairly open about it.

I'm not sure why I had never thought about him before. He's not really someone I could go to for support, but at the same time I can't recall anyone in my more immediate family ever saying anything insensitive or hurtful about him. So that's good news for me!

10. SadConfusedBandGeek

:'( No!! I dont know anyone I think one of my friends who i have a crush on is gay, I asked him before lol. He said no, but i have said no to that question lots so he could be lying lol.
    But we went to the movies last nite lol and after the movie, me and him we like pushing each other and stuff and my other friend (a girl) she is like God you guys stop flirting, I swear you 2 love each other!
    He didn't say NUH UH or anyhting lol! I wAS HAPPY:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but other than that i dont know any gay ppl

11. nisomer

my next door neighbors are gay

12. 24601

I know a few kids from school that are.

13. jman77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

i kno no one who is... :dry:

14. xMichaelx

Where do i begin? ah yes my bus driver....I miss him.

15. GuitarGirl1350

My niece has bisexual tendencies but she's like 90 percent straight.

16. JayTeeNY12

Out Status:
    Out to everyone

My friend Alyssa is a lesbian, She's 16.
    My friend Ann is bisexual. She's 16.
    My friend Joe is Bisexual. I have no clue he's like 18?
    My friend Ashley is bisexual. She's like 15.
    My friend Kelley is Bisexual. She's 17 I believe.
    My friend Seth is Bisexual. He's 18
    My boyfriend Alex is bisexual. He's 18 as well.

I have quite a few actually. No trans though and looking back they're all like bi. xD

17. Brandon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

A lot of my friends are gay, I don't know anyone in the neighborhood that is gay, and my parents tell me about some gay relatives but I've never met them in person. My Dad usually tells me who I know that might be gay, sometimes it shocks me too.

18. sysreq

2 lesbian friends 1/2 in cyberspace
    4 bisexual female friends 0/4 in cyberspace
    1 questioning female friend 0/1 in cyberspace
    1 not currently identifying male friend 0/1 in cyberspace
    1 ex-crush male friend who hates me now 0/1 in cyberspace
    0 real life trans people 3/0 in cyberspace

no male friends who are just 'gay.' not even bi.
    Arrrrrrgh there's no-one here to date I really need to date a guy legit to be sure I think

19. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

I have a relative who is gay. I think he is. He's very feminine. He can get away with it. If I did that I would get a beating. I remember this relative came to my face and stuck his tongue at me. I wanted to slap him across the face.

20. Fiddledeedee

Let's see. In order of when I learned about them...
    * There's another girl at my school who is, or used to identify as, bisexual.
    * My sister is transgender and bisexual.
    * A friend of mine a couple years older than me is bisexual. She was one of the very first people I came out to, and last month she then came out to me.
    * One of my stepsisters is bisexual.

I know nobody who is gay/lesbian and no guys who are anything except straight, but I am so far from alone like I once thought I was.