1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone please tell Greg what a "Wing Man" is/does...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Greggers, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Greggers

Ok, so i have this one straight male friend. He is AMAZING. Ever since i came out he always helps me fit in with the guys and reminds me why he likes me (i often forget why any straight guy would like me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but he helps me with this). So basically, hes just plain epic. Any guy whos straight and not scared by me has to be haha.

So he keeps bringing up the fact that "Dude Greg! You are TOTALLY my wing man now" or something like that. Well, i just laugh and agree, but i really dont know what a wing man is. I assume its to do with being his partner for something? He keeps talking about it being like How i met your Mother but i never watch that show :frowning2:

So i just would REALLY appreciate a quick run down of what that is rofl, sorry for being so out of touch with society (apparently :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

2. listen up world

I think it means that you two would go out together. Girls would first be attracted to you. Since you are gay, you send them to him. And he gets laid.

I think. Haven't watched How I Met Your Mother.

3. Tom

Tom Guest

well in the UK atleast a wing man is someone who helps you pull, and straight guys always think that gay guys can attract the women for some reason and so make great wingmen. could be entirely different for you but I doubt it would be.

main roles would include chatting up the 'targets' friends and getting the target to like you, and indirectly him, at the same time. and also making the guy seem even better

#3 Tom, Mar 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2009
  4. ricoca

THIS IS IT!
    LOL How I met your mother is the funnest show ever!
    That's basically the concept Greg :grin:

5. limfjord96

lol...yeah the wing man is the guy or girl that talks you up, and basically in straight lingo it came down to the "wingman." taking the ugly girl and the pilot gets the hot one. It just means you got his back, ie Top Gun uses it a lot. Thinking about it now i think i would be a bad ass wing man for my straight buddies bc i am straight acting and looking and according to some people i am not ugly, damn i should start a business :slight_smile:

6. Greggers

Ok...

Well i am going to be an amazing Wing Man for him because girls are attracted towards me like moths to a light :slight_smile: (curse my powers!)

7. AeonToy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    holy ****... i love how imet your mother, BARNEY is my favorite!! i love neil patrick harris.

as a wingman, it is your duty to set up situations where your friend will be greatly advantaged to get together with a woman/man.

8. xequar

Your "Wingman" is basically your friend who's always got your back, the one that'll spot that hottie or brag you up to them, the one who'll help you with an excuse to leave early or say something to help you dodge trouble. Think of a sidekick, but not a lackey like sidekicks tend to be.

9. Dazed

Dazed Guest

*bounces into greg*

BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ

:]]