1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

thinking of cutting my hair short...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bex22, Mar 3, 2009.

1. bex22

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i've been thinking of cutting my hair short (i mean really short, like spiky) for a while but can't quite work up the courage.... firstly how can i tell if it will suit me? what if my head turns out to be a really weird shape or something?! also is a short hair cut high maintenance? coz i play a lot of sport and can't be doing with too much styling or what not! also i don't know if i'd still look feminine, cos i don't think i have particularly feminine features. but maybe that's what i want... i think girls with short hair are FIT so maybe that'd work in my favor! oh dear, i can't believe i'm having hair angst!

2. Chronocide

I don't think short hair is very high maintenance and spiking it is pretty easy. Then again, I'm a guy. It's probably different?

I really like girls with short hair, and if you don't like it short it will always grow back, right? Try not to think too much about it. It's just hair, and if people don't like it, fuck 'em. :icon_bigg

3. bex22

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ha ha so true!

4. Apocalypte

I've had short hair for years, in fact I'm heading off in about 20 minutes to get it cut again. I love it. It's so handy, never gets in my face and suits my lazy nature :slight_smile:

I don't have particularly feminine features either, but longer hair just really drags my face down and I don't like it.

5. Remington

I have really thick hair, and I'm also really lazy, so I keep my hair short. I can't stand having to style it or do anything but wash it and brush it.

6. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

lol your definition of short hair is probably different to mine :wink:
    I have mine pretty short.. well short enough that it can't be spiked!
    Anyhow hair grows back so you could try and if you don't like it you r hair will grow back.
    Keep in mind if it's going to be a drastic change from your regular haircut you will think it's weird for a week or so. YOu have to get used to big changes :slight_smile:

7. Ben

Ben

Oh I love it when girls get short hair. It can look really quite stunning. Perhaps it would be a good idea to start off with a medium-short cut and see if it looks good enough to progress to a short cut next time around? :slight_smile:

8. McBenz

I have really short hair, i actually have a faux hawk. I also play field hockey, and i'm goalie. so i know what it's like to be active. having short hair is amazing! depending on the cut you get, it's not usually high maintenance. you'll learn little tricks to do it easier as well. also on the sports thing, i pull my hair back in a headband, then throw on a bandana.

and in order to make sure it looks good on you, what i did was i went to one of those websites that lets you uplaod a picture of yourself and you can put different hair styles on you. if it asks for gender you may wanna look at the guy cuts.

hope that helps =)

9. Derek the Wolf

I wouldn't go too short on the first cut. Shorten it, play with it, but don't overdo it. If you wanna go for something really bold then go shorter than you think you want it, grow it to the right length, and keep it in the right range.
    I like to find a length long enough that it looks good but short enough that it's low maintenance.

10. sapphicvariety

ohmygod absolutely do it. i cut off a significant portion of my hair in december and i totally did not regret it. this probably sounds cheesey but it's really truly liberating. and uses way less shampoo.

also, i think someone said this already but, if you don't like it, it grows back. also it gives you an excuse to invest in some really cool hats!

11. bex22

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    such good advice, guys thanks! one other concern: from reading these forums it seems like the 'type' of girl i find really attractive (short hair, sort of soft butch) tend to be attracted to more girly girls with long hair. would i be decreasing my chances? lol!

12. Mana

I have short hair and I really like it. I was unsure about cutting it at first, but in the end I just sort of did it on impulse.

It's not high maintainance at all. I don't even brush it. When I have a shower I blow dry it for a few seconds on full blast and smooth down the bits I don't want sticking out :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It's a lot more convenient too - I do horseriding, so it doesn't get in my face then... (interesting to jump when your being whipped in the eyes with your own hair :frowning2: )

I don't think it would decrese yur chances... (based on my personal preference anyway... no idea about other people...)

13. jazzrawr

I agree on all points. :grin:
    I had reeally long hair, but I cut it quite significantly and I loved it ^.^
    And I've invested in quite a few new hats.

14. sapphicvariety

my mom knit me two hats :slight_smile: <3 she's so great

15. LornTehViking

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Short is good.
    In my opinion, the only bad thing that can happen is that you don't really like it, and you just have to wait for it to grow out.
    I'd say go for it.