1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Club/Sports Should I Join?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by iiimee, Jun 7, 2016.

1. iiimee

Hey, so I like to keep plenty of details about my life semi-private, but at least let me say this: I am thinking about joining one of the clubs or sports my school offers... It's high school, and we have a lot of different things. I'm small, but I'm considering the wrestling club, though if that doesn't work out, maybe the Japanese club or the school's GSA- Btw, at my school, which has an enforced zero tolerance policy for bullying, the GSA doesn't stand for "Gay Straight Alliance" but instead "Gender Sexuality Alliance". I'm only hesitant to join that because for 1. I don't know when they meet yet so I'm unsure what might inter-lap with what, and 2. I just don't know if I'll feel comfortable discussing my gender identity and sexual orientation to a bunch of people every week... Plus, from what I've heard, the people who join those clubs are either otherkin or just people who act their their gender identity and sexual orientation is all of them. X_X I am a little scared I won't meet any people who are seriously like me... Idk... I'm considering joining, but again, the Japanese club and the wrestling team also appear to me. I thought about archery, but I figured that'd get boring fast: Pulling a bow and aiming is pretty easy.

ANYWAY, what do you guys think I should do, and what clubs did you join in middle/high school? I was on the Chess team in middle school... and the karaoke club... and yearbook club... and in band... >_< Now, I'm not really in anything and it's killing me. I'd love to try cross country too, but the thing is that I was born with turned in feet, so I couldn't even run slightly until I was 13, and now I can't beat any of my classmates. X_X It's sad, because running's always been my passion and I try to constantly.

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was in band one year (hated it, but I decided to take it and it was for credit, so I couldn't just not go anymore) and one year I was in multicultural club.

Especially for things like the GSA and Japanese club, couldn't you just pop in once or twice and see what its like, then don't go to the other meetings if you don't like it?

Personally the Japanese or archery clubs sound the coolest though.

#2 HM03, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016