1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Songs related to LGBT or coming out

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Misadori, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Misadori

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people

Hey all!:grin:

Not sure if this thread is existing somewhere else but do you have any song(s) that you relate yourself too when it comes to either being or wants to come out? Music is a big interest of mine and I thought it'd be interestin' to hear what everybody has to say and think:grin: If you have any songs that means alot to you, please write it down and why that song affects. Maybe tell your favorite lyrics from that/those song(s)^^ Let me give some songs that has affected my thoughts:

Reflection - Christina Aguilera. If you're a Disney-fan you might recognize it from Mulan:wink: This song says it all. What I'm doin' right now is wearin' a mask and fool the world of who I am deep inside. It works, but like the lyrics says I cannot fool my heart. "Why is my reflection someone I don't know?"

Monster - Imagine Dragons. (Just want to make myself clear that this is a song that affects me and my personal thoughts about myself.) When I heard the lyrics, it was like a part of my inner self tried to communicate with me. My thoughts have gone somethin' like this towards what others might think. It's sad though, but as a shy guy I don't have the courage to confront others. The song represents my thoughts of me comin' out to the world, wonderin' if there'll be anybody who will still like me for who I truly am. For not everybody do accept the way I am unfortunately, a pressure I have to live with. "If I told you what I was; Would you turn your back on me? And if I seem dangerous; Would you be scared? I get the feeling just because; Everything I touch isn't dark enough; That this problem lies in me."

Bad Apple - Touhou. There's a Japanese version sung by Nomico and also an English version sung by Cristine Vee. A catchy up-beat song from Japan. I may not know the Japanese language (wish that I would though^^) but when I'm listenin' to the English version I got the feelin' of bein' confused about what to do and attempt to go through it. Still unsure where to go, the one who's doin' it in the song seems to be able to move forward and face obstacles in the way. But he/she ain't givin' up. I'm quite confuse of where I stand today. Not sure what to do. Well, I do know what I wanna do in the future but still I feel so lost. How's that possible, to know and not know at the same time? "Will tomorrow ever come? Will I make it through the night? Will there ever be a place for the broken in the light?
    Am I hurting? Am I sad? Should I stay, or should I go? I've forgotten how to tell. Did I ever even know?"

Never Surrender and The Last Night - Skillet. When I was at their concert, they played their song 'The Last Night' which they dedicated to everybody who has ever believed that they've felt ugly, not worthy, alone or bein' ashamed for who they are. "Listen up, you're not ugly. You are worthy, you are special! You will never be alone!" John Cooper, leadsinger of Skillet said before playin' their song. I felt that that song spoke to me and I just had to check it up on youtube once I got back home. I also found another song that I mentioned. It has a sad touch but somehow I think it's beautiful and I have a hard time to stop listenin' to it. I think the lyrics are quite clear: It tells the story of someone havin' hard in life. Someone who wish they wanna be somethin' else that they say they are. Pretty much as I said about wearin' a mask towards the world and fool everybody. The thought of surrender it all, to live a life where you don't get to be who you wanna be. At the end of the refrain, it feels like a friend or someone finds this boy/girl/woman/man/intergender or anybody, tellin' to stay here and never surrender. To keep fightin' for you and believe in yourself:slight_smile: "Do you know what it's like when you're not who you wanna be? Do you know what it's like to be your own worst enemy who sees the things in me I can't hide?"

These are only a few songs that I've affected me in different ways. All that I've written here are my personal thoughts and I'm not speakin' for anyone but myself!:wink: Lyrics are made to be interpret differently dependin' who's readin' and/or listenin' to it:slight_smile: You might agree with my or maybe not:slight_smile: Now, do you have any song that has affected you and why?:slight_smile: If you don't feel like explainin', you don't have to. I won't force anyone to do so^^ I'm just curious of what other songs there might be out there and how it has affected you:slight_smile: I'm lookin' forward to hear and listen to your songs as well and hear your stories, if you do wanna share them of course^^

(Also, please let me know if you think I should've posted this thread somewhere else. I'm new here so I don't know where I should post what. I just thought that this would be a nice chit chat thread^^(A))

2. Glowing Eyes

Whenever I find a new song that I like, my mind automatically starts looking for ways to relate it to my gender identity.

3. eMei

Demi Lovato has hinted that Cool For The Summer is about experimenting with your sexuality.

4. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  5. guitar

Judas Priest - Raw Deal. One of the first gay songs that I'm aware of

6. sammys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    "Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)" by Bruce Springsteen. Especially the lines "Closets are for hangers, winners use the door/ So use it, Rosie, that's what it's there for". It's probably pretty obvious why I associate it with coming out!

7. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    'I'm Coming Out' - Diana Ross

'We Are Family' - Sister Sledge

'I Am Beautiful' - Divine

'I Am A Woman' - Lauren Henries

'Stiletto Kickback' - Kenny Kenny

'The Wild Eyed Boy From Freecloud' - David Bowie

'I Want To Break Free' - Queen

'Do You Really Want To Hurt Me?' - Culture Club

'Small Town Boy' - Bronski Beat

'Human Nature' - Bjork

'Coming' - from Orlando (1992) soundtrack

'I Am Me', 'I Whip My Hair', & 'F Q-C #7' - Willow Smith

'Gravity Of Love', 'Principles Of Lust', 'Sadeness', 'Why!...', 'Out From The Deep', 'Return To Innocence', - Enigma

'Free As You Wanna Be' & 'Monster' - Unlocking The Truth

'Beautiful People' -Marilyn Manson

'Relax' - Frankie Goes To Hollywood

'Lush Life' (this is a Jazz classic that was covered by Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga)

'People Are People' - Depeche Mode

'We're Not Gonna Take It' - Twisted Sister

'Waiting Outside The Lines' & 'Hold On 'til The Night'

'Born This Way' - Lady Gaga

'What You Want' - Evanescence