1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

girly or butch?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by carrie90, Mar 4, 2009.

1. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    just a general question 2 get 2 know each other better i was wondering what girls here are girly (lipstick) or butch

Im girly i mean like i love pink and i fink i spend way 2 much time shopping and go out in skirts no matter how cold it is lol my girlfriend is aswell i guess were both lipstick lesbians (even if we havnt come out yet) so i was just wondering what everybody else is like and what kind of girls u prefer?

2. pirateninja

I'm your stereotypical butch lesbian; people know it before I've even opened my mouth. A combination of short hair, baggy black shirts and jeans not meant to show my figure are a bit of a giveaway. My behaviour has its girly attributes, for example I cry at movies and can survive a shopping trip. But overall I'm very masculine, and I like girls who are more feminine than me.

3. Apocalypte

"Soft butch" would probably be the best way of describing me - I have short hair, don't wear make-up, am not very stereotypically girly, but I do wear pink, I do wear skirts from time to time and I cry ALL the time at movies and sad things. I like girls from both ends of the scale - I like both femmes and butches, it really depends on personality more than anything.

4. Dazed

Dazed Guest

im...me? idk i act a bit boyish at times. but i dress girly.unless im at home then i wear baggin shorts and boys tshirts..
    i also love mens hoodies.
    >_> and at the same time i love high heels.

ima mix. and i like girls that are comfortable with themself i dont think i care how they look or dress.

5. Kat22

I am outwardly very girly. I wear makeup, have long hair that I try to keep fixed on a regular basis, and love heels and skirts. I love the color pink, but don't wear it often. I cry at movies (such as P.S. I love you) and love romantic comedies. I can barely check my oil, and don't even pretend to know the first thing about cars or building anything. I also have a lot of butch personality, though. I get easily annoyed with girl mind games, love video games, love the outdoors and have no problem getting dirty. I typically date butchier girls, but am attracted to all girls. The girl I am with now (and have been on and off with for 2 years) is actually pretty androgynous. She has very short hair and wears mostly mens' clothing, yet, occasionally will dress up more than me.

6. carrie90

i get what your mean about ya hair i have long hair and take ages with it but i think i will always go 4 girly girls it just a preference and everybodys different i dont even know why im saying what girls i wud go out wiv i dont wanna go out wiv anyone else lol

7. MLCarr

I'm kinda hard to classify. I have makeup and wear it when appropriate. I hate skirts and pink. I love being outdoors. I hate being dirty. I have normal length hair. I'm not girly, but i'm also not butch. I'd just say I'm a tomboy, I love sports. That's the best way to describe me. I don't really like sterotypes anyway.

8. Remington

I'm in the middle. My mind is definitely masculine, and I could really care less about clothes most of the time, but I love jewelry and piercings.

Sometimes I wear makeup, it depends on where I'm going.

I don't mind androgyny, but I like my women to LOOK like women. So...super-butches most of the time aren't my type.

9. jangel

Most people I meet say I am a lipstick (but only in looks.) My Partner looks more butch but our personalities are the opposite. She owns way more clothes/shoes ect, I drive a motorcycle and love my leather. We split most houshold type things but I do most of the cooking, sewing, dishes ect. But she is more sensitive and I wil be the one to speak up and take charge. Also I am incharge of killing all the little 8 legged creatures that make her jump up on the couch LOL so I'd say we are both comfortable with the way we look ..but looks can be decieving...most our friends get a kick out of it because we look kinda sterotypical until you meet us. Typically I am attracted to Femms blond/blue/tiny but My partner does not look like that it is her femme personality that I fell in love with ! (amost 5 years and counting)-Jen

10. bex22

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    its hard to say, coz i'm not out at all so there's a bit of a difference between how i really dress, and how i wish i could. I wear moderately feminine stuff, and have long hair and when i go out i get "dolled up". I wish i had short hair though... in terms of how i act i'm definitely a tomboy! love sports and getting muddy and don't mind mice/spiders etc. i'm usually attracted to girls with short hair, but still sort of feminine looking.

11. Absentminded

I'm definitely butch. I'm like Holly, short hair, baggy clothing...and I rarely wear makeup. Even for occasions, it's a dress shirt and a tie. I'm attracted to both femme like girls, and butches. I just love women all around. They mean everything to me, and I wouldn't change that for the world.

12. McBenz

I like to say "femme butch". i don't really have a style and i try not to fit into one category. I have really short hair (a faux hawk to be exact), i wear skinny jeans and i got the little keychain thing hangin off my belt. and i don't wear girlie clothes. but i'm still girlie in some instances. I tend to like the girlie girls though. id rather be the "guy" in the relationship.

13. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

I'm a bit of hard type to stereo.
    I wear make-up daily, but my clothes are mostly sweaters, t-shirts and jeans. I own alot of dresses. I have long hair, but I wear touques pretty much exclusively during the winter (inside and out). I enjoy playing sports and shopping. I'm going to the spa this weekend, but tonight I'm going out for some beers with friends.
    The two things I say most often are: "I was like..." and "Solid."

I really don't fit either butch or femme.

As for girls, I like them in all flavours. Cherry, chocolate, bubblegum...

14. Melissa

I'm a mix of both as well. I'm not a fan of pink, I try to avoid make-up at all costs, I don't really enjoy being dirty... The list goes on, but I took this quiz one time and the results were really quite accurate. Here it is:

SOFT ANDROGYNE
    Your score placed you in the category of Soft Androgyne. This is the "steel magnolia" type. You may also wish to review Strong Femme and Androgyne, the two categories surrounding you. In a ranking across the femme/butch gamut, if 1 is femme and 100 is butch, you fall between 41 and 47 on the scale. For a review of where you fall in the overall population in numbers, refer to this chart. Your group is a large part of the 35-45 age group for the most part and has a wide mix of genders and orientations.
    For most of your life and social interaction, you don't really see yourself as either butch or femme, but if pressed into a corner, you react more femme than butch. You prefer to seek aid rather than solve your problems on your own, and prefer to give aid rather than to encourage someone to stand on their own feet. You're fairly well balanced over all, with the occasional weakness you haven't quite yet conquered.
    Education is important to you, as you see knowledge as a key to independence and freedom, and you tend to have a higher educational level than your peers, either formally or by self-teaching. You read a lot, and a varied assortment of genres, enjoying cartoons as much as heavy psych drama. Biography, however, bores you. You like historical anecdotes but are not very good at memorizing dates, having a more general sense of time.
    Your home is a roof for you and not a showplace. Order is optional. You cook if you have to and are efficient at it but really don't like to bother. You prefer to be fed. You like small dogs or big cats and the occasional hamster.
    You enjoy a fairly strong butch for a partner, along the lines of a Feminist or Classic Butch, and take on other Androgynes as friends. Family is not terribly important to you, and odds are good you came from a home where that was not the primary issue. You may have a good, but distant relation with your family, or may not be in touch at all, but it's pretty certain you don't live with them unless you have to, or in the same city.

15. Psychedelic Bookmarks

I've been sort of butchier recently but I'm going more femme these days...? That's all I can really say. It's so complicated. I dress more and more femme, but I still have short hair.

16. Lizz K

I'm the definition of halfsie. I act like such a guy, but at the same time I have my really girly attributes. I dress girly, except I love sweatpants/basketball shorts. Even when I'm wearing those I still look...girly. But I'm such a huge tomboy that when meeting me it can be really hard to tell if I'm gay or not. I'm definitely into the super girly girls, though.

17. Apocalypte

This is the test btw... I came up as Hard Androgyne the last time I did it.

Your score placed you in the category of Hard Androgyne. This is the "tom boy" type of ranking. You may also wish to review Androgyne and Gentle Butch, the two categories surrounding you. In a ranking across the femme/butch gamut, if 1 is femme and 100 is butch, you fall between 53 and 60 on the scale. For a review of where you fall in the overall population in numbers, refer to this chart. Your group encompasses folks of all types, genders, and orientations; it includes a large number of males and averages around 41 years of age.

Most of the time you really don't think of yourself as butch or femme, but if pressured, you tend to react aggressively - either to solve a problem or to defend yourself. You aren't extremely masculine, yet are more drawn to your masculine side than your feminine side.

Security is paramount to you, and the locks on your house and tendency to monogamy reflect that. You like money in the savings and a retirement plan in place. You are nervous and insecure without that. You are a good provider, often appearing in upper management positions, and are an excellent supervisor.

Logic and mathematics fascinate you, and you have a very good memory. You are best remembering what you have seen in a video sense - sound and picture. About half of what you read sticks with you and what you hear goes in one ear and out the other. Pictures you remember very well.

You like action adventure movies and books, though you don't read a lot. You are heavily into technology, computers, and fun lil gadgets to play with.

As a parent you are strict but not overbearing, and tend to be a bit over protective. You are a staunch defender of your legal rights.

For partners you prefer a softer femme, along the lines of the Classic or Lipstick Femme. For friends you encompass everyone, though you find Extreme Butches a bit plastic and pure Androgynes indecisive.

It's actually very me, right down to an interest in logic and mathematics, and liking gadgets, and it's also true that I am a very visual learner.

18. pirateninja

:eek: OMFG

That's just me... down to a tee.

Wow.

19. Greggers

*pokes the thread* So many boobies here :O

*runs away giggling*

20. carrie90

how dare u poke my thread greggers lol