1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Traits Make For A Good Mate?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by iiimee, Jun 14, 2016.

1. iiimee

Hey guys, so quick question- What traits do you think makes for a good partner? Like, in a long-term, what do they need in order to stay by your side? Whether it's a nice body, a steady job, lots of *cough* sexual experience, I'd like to know.

For me, I'd say that a history of healthy mental health is very important. If you have scars on your wrists from years of cutting, or if you are messed up because of what somebody did to you as a kid, I'm sorry, but we're probably not right for each other. :/ I'd like to say I'm a supportive person, but at the same time, one of the things that I find attractive is somebody who's comfortable being alone. Ideally, I see my life being me with a good job, a nice and spacious house, and finally a partner who also works and I can come home to everyday. No kids, maybe one or two cats, rats, or fish.

So yeah, obviously a steady job is also on my list of things, and finally... they have to be attractive. I'm a pretty superficial person, and I think I have a right to be- I mean, what's the point of dating someone if you're not attracted to them? I've pity-dated people in the best to be honest, and I felt like a horrible person for doing it. I don't want to do that again. So yeah, what about you guys? (&&&)

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Love and support, and plenty of it. It sounds very general, and it's meant to be, because a loving and supportive partner ticks so many important boxes.

3. derVaminoi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Anyone who would take away the crushing loneliness would be nice tbh.

I'm the opposite, I want someone completely messed up mentally. Probably because I've been through a lot myself and I want someone who'd be able to relate. So "dead inside" is a desirable trait to me~

4. Deinna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm never cared about looks, people look like they do. It doesn't really matter to me.

I would want a honest, understanding and loyal person, who preferably likes animals, since I have them and there are going to be more, when I move out from my parents house. Someone, who loves me the way I am.

5. Jellyfish Clear

Probably someone who accepts me for who I am as I am quite the strange person haha

6. Selkie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Someone who is their own person, can do their own thing and has their own interests and friends

7. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't reject a damaged person, because everyone goes through trials and hopefully it would make them stronger in the end. To me, attractive qualities in a mate would be:
    > loyalty
    > sincerity
    > humility
    > unpredictability

While dashing looks and a sharp mind are appreciated, these aren't a priority. Neither is a good job. What I care about is the quality of someone's character and their personality. Also, it would be admirable if they were very passionate about something, whether their job/hobby/or who knows...

8. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Someone supportive who can make me laugh--life's a long time.

9. ChameleonSoul

The most important thing for me is that I'm with someone with a kind heart. I just can't be with someone that's a total asshole.