1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Songs to honor the site EC

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Misadori, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Misadori

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey all EC:ers!!!:grin::grin:

I am Misadori and have been a member here for not all too long. I guess I do belong to one of the new ones since I haven't earned my title of full member, but I really do hope to get that title one day. I can't wait to start usin' the chat system and send private messages to friends:grin:

Like I mentioned, I haven't been here that long time. But that won't stop me to write a message dedicated to EC, the site itself. I want to thank you all who created EC, that you exists here for me and also for every member here! I've been sittin' with my tab usin' incognito (since I haven't come out really with my "dark secret" to everybody) and searched for LBTQ-forums. I've always wanted to be able to reach out and meet people who think and share the thought I'm havin' and also what I'm goin' through. Yet at the same time be inspired by those who have come out. Wether you're gay, lesbian, transgender, transvestite, havin' transthoughts, bein' bi-curious, bein' worried, thinkin' alot of different things in life. I joined EC 'cause I found this place as the place to reach out!:grin: To meet people and hopefully meet new friends^^ I've made myself a new friend here and I couldn't be more happy about it!

Since I do love music, I'd like to dedicate two songs to you EC, to all fantastic creators behind this awesome site where I get to be who I am without bein' judged at all. To not be the odd one out in the group. To be one with everybody! These songs goes to you EC and I hope you'll like these songs:slight_smile: I wish I could mention all of your names. All administrators, supports, everybody but since I'm quite new, I really don't know all of your names or how to tag names eitherx) So I'm hopin' that you'll come across and read this:3 Listen and enjoy^^ (if you'd like of course, I will not force to do it against your will(A))

Go the Distance by Michael Bolton: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6v_gOmVJ4I

As the song states, a hero's strength measured by his heart (I'd prefer 'its' if you ask me:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) Each and everyone here has somethin' very special. That's somethin' I've noticed by readin' the different threads you can find here. Never have I met a community filled with such open spirit and open mindness:grin: Everyone's so friendly and nice here, I love it!\^.^/ And I'd like to see all of us in here as heroes. Yes, we are heroes!:wink: There are some of us who live with a secret next to us. Somethin' we carry with us all the time that the world cannot see. Not everytime or anytime perhaps. We have people here who has gone through things and also found self-confidence and courage, somethin' that I wish I have. Somethin' I'd love to have in order to come out to the world and show everyone who I am. Somethin' I'm lackin' and hope to change in the future!:grin: No matter if you're new here, insecure, been here for a while, all confident and found your path: You ALL are heroes, for me you are heroes in my eyes!
    With EC and its wonderful community, I feel like I can go the distance and face the pressure that I feel everyday. It might be an uphill slope but I won't lose hope. Certainly not that I've found my place here. "I've often dream of a far off place; Where a hero's welcome would be waiting for me. And the crowds will cheer when they see my face; And a voice keep sayin' 'This is where I'm meant to be'" The song starts somethin' like that and I'm thinkin' of EC as that place, 'cause that's what my mind says. We all gets to stand in the middle and introduce ourself and we all cheer whenever we see a new EC:er come:grin: We all get to receive the greetings and we all get to greet new newcomers too^^

Equality Street by David Brent: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=equality+street+david+brent

I'd like to see EC as the equality street as the song goes:grin: We don't discriminate anyone here for who we are and what we believe. I don't care if you're from my home country Sweden or if you're from North America, Africa, Asia or anywhere. We all have the same worth and we're all humans:wink: I like to picture EC as this Equality Street where I walk down and get to meet people that think and believe all differently:slight_smile: As they sing in the song "You could be a half gay woman with a dark face. One leg, no legs, as long as you got a heart. HEY! Transgender, gay, straight lesbian. Whatever, whoever, hey mate let's be friends" It didn't took me many days to come to think of just that part of the song, which is actually my favorite part, and think of EC. So many interestin' people that logs in here everyday and write somethin' they wanna share and we all can take part of it:grin: You're all fantasic people here.

Like I stated, I see you all as heroes for I dare to think and believe that it hasn't been easy for everybody to take the step and join immediately. For me, this is a huge steppin' stone towards what I see a better future for me:slight_smile: We're all heroes and we have fantastic hearts;D For EC, thank you that you exists here for us!!\^.^/

Now, for those who feel like it and also wanna honor the site EC and all wonderful people who created this site some good credit and honor, feel free to dedicate songs too to them!:grin: Go with whatever you feel like. One song, two songs! Those songs you'd like to dedicate to EC, please write the list below and also feel free to tell why you want to dedicate that song:grin: I'm lookin' forward to see what songs might pop up here and what genres it'd be!:grin: See this as fillin' out an Empty Closet-album or songlist of some kind^^

2. Riz

Riz

Omg I'm so happy you like it here and I share your thoughts, it's amazingly accepting and just... Even with my social phobia this I can post without anxiety most of the time.

I'm gonna add this song, because this song makes me feel as good as this site does.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7G1bkjJO2Q

3. Justinian20

I thought this was write your own song lyrics to honor E.C. My song would've been all about the mysterious empty closet of this forum.

4. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Grace Kelly - Mika

[YOUTUBE]EaEPCsQ4608[/YOUTUBE]

I U She - Peaches

[YOUTUBE]vS1xzQK92sM[/YOUTUBE]

All The Things She Said - TaTu

[YOUTUBE]8mGBaXPlri8[/YOUTUBE]

Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover - Sophie B. Hawkins

[YOUTUBE]Lt6r-k9Bk6o[/YOUTUBE]

Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye

[YOUTUBE]jsaTElBljOE[/YOUTUBE]

Make Your Own Kind Of Music - Mama Cass Elliot

[YOUTUBE]2ZVIHHET85Y[/YOUTUBE]

5. Misadori

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey, that sounds cool!:grin: If you have your own lyrics that you'd like to share with us, please do^^ I lack the skill of makin' and write songs so it's just cool if you got somethin':wink: Feel free to post whatever you like^^ You can always honor Empty Closets in many different ways;D

6. Misadori

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
  7. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember having a conversation years ago in the chat room about uplifting songs for 'coming out'. I can't remember who recommended True Colours, but the member linked me to Phil Collins' cover of it, and it's a song that instantly reminds me of EC now whenever I hear it.

It's a rather empowering song anyway, but the message in it seems particularly relevant for the type of insecurities and self-doubt that many EC members have. It certainly helped me during my earlier stages of coming out, so for that reason alone I'll always be reminded of EC when I hear it. :grin:

[youtube]slVOIiyC6yA[/youtube]