1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your dream job?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kibou97, Jun 17, 2016.

1. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Something that I thought would be interesting is if some of us share our dream jobs. I've personally always found it interesting seeing what people want to do with their life later down the road. This can also include some old dream jobs that you no longer want. In my case, I wanted to develop video games as a child but that eventually changed to what it currently is which is: I want to become a translator for games/anime/manga.

2. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm good at learning languages, so I want to become a translator. I'll be studying translation at university next fall. I would like to translate anything related to entertainment such as movies, tv shows, video games, books etc. I really don't want to be stuck translating some boring paperwork. I would like to translate from English/Spanish/Italian/German to French. This is the job I'm currently aiming for.

Another one I would like would be video game designer. I know nothing about programming, so I would stick to designing characters, enemies, backgrounds etc. I don't even know if that's wanted, though.

Really? Which languages would you like to learn?

3. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been mainly focusing on Japanese but I may persue German since the grammar seems to be similar to English at some point in the future. I've been studying Japanese for 4 years at my high school with two of those years being at college leveled so I can already play and get a basic understanding of games and anime but i'm nowhere near good enough to translate things yet and I'm not as good at reading/writing it so Thats going to be the main thing i pursue in college.

#3 kibou97, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  4. iiimee

Well, I used to think just being a writer or editor would be fine by me, considering I am pretty good at writing, but I think I've recently suffered head trauma or something, because it seems that my English skills aren't nearly as good- I used to be the head of the class, and while I still am, I used to never make mistakes. Now I do make mistakes, and that fact is mentally killing me. Anyway, while I'm trying to improve my English skills, I have also been learning Japanese and am progressing pretty quickly through learning the language- the way sentences are structured makes a lot more sense to me. Also, I have recently realized that- while remembering formulas is still an issue for me- I am pretty good at math and even better at science, or anything that requires skills that are... spatial? I think that's the word. Basically, I am using a lot more of my calculating side than usual, even though when I wrote fictional works they all sounded like some sort of paper about theories. I've always been very blunt, though at the same time I have a way with words, probably because everyone on my mother's side of the family does, including my older brother and sister.

So, all of this has led me to rethink my choices, and with money always being a big concern for me, (because I don't want to live in a "normal" home, since they're often too small) I've decided to pursue a career somewhere along the lines of STEM fields. My needlephobia undoubtedly makes my choices limited, but I think that maybe a pharmaceutical career would be right for me. I am also trying to train myself to be less afraid of needles using exposure therapy, so hopefully that will help. I also plan to continue learning several languages, with repeated exposure to them until I am one of the best speakers in that language too. One of my flaws is that I can't stand being at the bottom of the ladder, or even in the middle. If I'm not at the top or have a way to get there, I see little point in pursuing anything in that area of my life further.

5. Jellyfish Clear

My dream is to become an astronaut or at least work in the space industry for either the ESA or NASA as an Astronautical engineer

6. AmyBee

Being a writer, too. I've got the rejection letters to prove it. When I was younger? Comic book artist. Or fashion model. Then rock singer for a while. Eventually movie director. That would probably still be my dream job. Movie director.

7. Fedora Mun

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Video Game Programer for companies like Valve Corperation, Bethesda, or Blizzard.
    I have had this same dream all my life.

#7 Fedora Mun, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  8. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I want to do creative writing (in really any way shape or form - prose, poetry, screenplay), and something to do with playing/writing/producing music. I'm also quite interested in film.

I don't have a specific dream job, but rather things I'd be interested in trying. Anything creative is probably in some way appealing to me.

9. Sohryuden

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ever since I was little I had dreamed of becoming a Paleontologist. I've always been so fascinated with Earth's history and the life that used live on it, and though I've developed several interests that are on completely different sides of the spectrum, Paleontology remains my core passion.

10. AmyBee

Oh, paleontology is one of the coolest disciplines there is. I also dig archaeology. Sorry about "dig." But it's true. Go you for loving paleontology!

11. Phaidra

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My dream is to be an Astronaut Pilot or any Pilot for that matter if i couldnt be an astonaut but the Thing is im not qualified to even be a Commercial Pilot so that dream is more or less debunct... I can fly some certain very small craft for fun but thats it... Now my second dream isnt so much of a dream as it is a wonderful opportunity to help the unfortunate animals on the earth... yeah a veterinarian!

12. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Being a lit professor at an elite university. :slight_smile:

Before that I'll take English teacher at an elite private high school. But "elite" has to be in there somewhere. :wink:

13. Mahidevran

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A soldier. I've always wanted to join he army, the only reason I haven't done it is that I'm not allowed to do it due to my health issues.
    But now I work as an electrician and this is one of my favourite things to do as well.

#13 Mahidevran, Jun 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  14. mirkku

Comicbook / graphic novel artist, possibly writer.
    Come to me, misery ! :rolle:

15. JJarvisCocker

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My dream job would be some kind of handy man. I just like the idea of being able to do anything from appliance repair to gardening.

16. plant

One of those Paris Hilton/Kim Kardashian jobs where you get paid to do seemingly nothing at the expense of people taking pictures of you.

17. I'm_Danni_x

I want to pursue a career in the health and social fields someday.

18. eMei

My dream job is to be a musician, but I'm not blessed with talent in music, so alternatively my dream is to be an actor in an American television series, since I can actually act.

More realistically though I want to be a counsellor.

19. ScarletWitch

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'd love to be a history teacher. History, specifically European history, has always fascinated me and I want to pass on this knowledge to the next generation.

20. guitar

Radio/TV host/DJ in the vain of Eddie Trunk.