1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best arqumensts against: Homosexuality cause human extinction?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Vega222, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Vega222

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello :slight_smile:

I've been discussion about The Orlando Incident and homosexuality in general this days in Persian forums.

Some people says if we legalize homosexuality, This will be resulting HUMAN EXTINCTION. So because human being and its survival is very important we must prevent society from homosexuality and we must criminalize homosexuality.

I know its probably unscientific and illogical and simply I think it can be a lie or joke rather than a mistake, because everybody can understand that its illogical.

So i need good or preferably best possible answers for this argument.
    I need logical arguments against it and some scientific sources that disprove their argument.

They say LEGALIZATION OF HOMOSEXUALITY in the US will cause declining white population. They say this article proves it:
    https://www.rt.com/usa/214651-whites-minority-population-america/
    But i can't see much things related with their claim.
    What do you think? What will cause declining white population of the US?
    I can simply find good things by searching in google but i thought you can give me better answers and advise.

#1 Vega222, Jun 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do we pass laws requiring heterosexual fucking if population trend numbers go below a certain threshold?

3. RosePetals76

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, consider this... Homosexuality exists in most species in nature. It even has its place for ensuring survival of species. Since same sex couples can't reproduce on their own, they often (especially in animals) take in orphaned offspring, ensuring those babes don't perish without their natUral born parents. In addition, not all hetero couples are capable of reproduction. Often couples end up infertile. If reproduction was the only goal, people would have to prove fertility in order to marry at all, which doesn't make any sense.

4. anthracite

anthracite Guest

There are enough heterosexuals to do the reproduction, so you could encourage them to make more kids, and if they don't want them, let the gay couples raise them.

5. Reggie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Why?

Why do you want to engage in a debate over opinions?

That's not a battle you can win. :bang:

6. AmyBee

Even if that were true, and it's not, we're not exactly running out of people. There are probably way too many as it is. And if we go extinct it won't be because we legalized homosexuality and everyone gay married. It'll be because we dropped the bomb or devoured all our resources or made the world uninhabitable or dropped dead of a new disease. And, incredibly, there are gay couples who have kids. Not through adoption but through biological processes. Surrogacy, sperm banking, in vitro and all kinds of wonderful medical science. And there are het couples who don't have kids because of choice or biology.

Honestly, the extinction argument is the lamest one I've ever read. Thankfully I've never heard someone say it in person because none of my friends are that foolish.

#6 AmyBee, Jun 21, 2016
  7. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To the OP: given where you are from, I would avoid any debate with anyone about homosexuality, you would be putting yourself in mortal danger.

With reference to any counter-argument against the fantasies that you can find on the internet, save your strength and don't waste your time. If anyone believes in the "human extinction" argument, their belief is not based on facts, or logic, and using both to counter them will get you nowhere.

8. AlamoCity

To the OP, Russia Today is not exactly the most unbiased source of information :lol:.

That said, the massive demographic shift that the United States will experience across this century can be partly explained by the massive income inequality that has systemically plagued this country. Partly. You see, economic growth and prosperity is seen to be inversely correlated with the birthrate. The US also has policies where women often must choose between career progress and starting a family, and this becomes more pronounced among educated, professional women who have more to lose by getting pregnant and having children.

If you want more white babies and less growth by non-whites: paid family leave that doesn't make parents feel that getting pregnant will cause long-term changes to their career goals; affordable child care; and, a reduction of-pocket costs for pregnancies (poorer people usually can get Medicaid and not pay at all whereas the cost for getting pregnant is more pronounced among the middle class).

Also, systemically fight income inequality among ethnicities. As minorities get wealthier, it should lead to a reduction of their birth rate.

Education is also not only a silver bullet, but a condom.

9. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    "Heterosexuality can cause overpopulation, but you're still legal."

I mean if you really want to get into this argument, good luck. Maybe look at trends of overpopulation. Or population decline trends. I think dwindling population is more correlated to poverty and crime rates, but that's just a guess.

10. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Considering we're exceeding seven billion people, society should consider homosexuality a blessing because at least we're not the ones being directly responsible for overpopulation.

11. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This.

Homophobes with nuclear weaponry on the other hand, I could see that causing human extinction. And pretty much everything else but roaches and fleas.

12. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wouldn't make logical sense, considering more people are heterosexual than gay. So people will continue making babies regardless, and many gay couples use sperm donor/surrogacy. Also, even if heterosexuals were removed, bisexuals and fluid people in our community would continue reproducing.

13. silverdeer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Even if people are gay that doesn't mean they can't reproduce.

So pretty much they can still create kids.

14. Wolfwing

Well even if homosexuality starts becoming more common and the number of them increases, there will still be bisexual and heterosexual people who are already alive and are going to be born. Also, even if all the population becomes gay, then not only do we still things like sperm banks, but the government could have specific times where people are forced to have kids. So odds are no matter what, gays are gonna make us go extinct.

15. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think climate change is a bit more of an issue than reproduction..
    Get priorities in order...

16. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do a bit of research on the impact of female education on birth rates. There is reasonable evidence to suggest that greater access to better education for women slows population growth and eventually results in declining populations.

It is no coincidence that the worlds leading governments invest so much in female education across the developing economies. They know it is the most successful way to slow down population and it is the most viable -and ethical?!- option to implement. If legalising homosexuality had the same effect, wouldn't the worlds leading powers put more effort into pressuring developing nations into it instead of just turning a blind eye as they do? It would be much easier and cheaper and more likely to secure their place as global super powers.

There is no evidence (that I am aware of) to suggest that homosexuality has any negative impact on population growth. Even if there was evidence, the theory is flawed because it is based on an assumption that criminalisation is the only thing stopping every person on the planet from being homosexual. Anyone who seriously suggests that making homosexuality legal would result in everyone turning gay is most likely deeply in denial of their own sexual orientation.

If the aim is to prevent human extinction then efforts are wasted on criminalising homosexuality. The best method would be to limit access to education, outlaw fossil fuel usage, ban intensive farming methods, criminalise the use of none-renewable resources, restrict access to advanced technology, suppress political corruption and eradicate organised religion. If after all that, we still end up facing extinction, I think we can maybe start blaming homo's.

17. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Can't wait to hear how complaints of "declining white population" aren't racist. :rolle:

Let's see...how to argue against something that is completely baseless, unsound, and laughable. Why don't we begin with the fact that the assertion that "homosexuality = extinction" requires the acceptance of the following premises:

1. Legalization of homosexuality leads to increased rates of homosexuality.
    2. Eventually everyone will become homosexual.
    3. Homosexuals are incapable of having children.

Taking into account that all three of these are false, I think we can safely reject this argument.

18. 108

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    my thoughts?

humans are a plague so fuck it

19. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This.

#19 YuriBunny, Jun 21, 2016
  20. Renegades

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My argument for homosexuality is that it kind of helps keep the world population down, even though such a large population of humans are heterosexual and many couples have multiple kids. The world is already way overpopulated, so less humans is good. Plus human beings are sick, selfish creatures that don't really deserve to have such an amazing place to live, since we don't take good care of it at all.