1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Our Middle Eastern LGBT friends: Some Encouragement

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LostLion, Jun 26, 2016.

1. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    [​IMG]
    Omar Sharif, Jr., compared his family's celebrity status to that of Camelot and the Kennedy's.

The following link shows the 2016 Oslo Forum, where Omar Sharif Jr, the grandson of respected and famous Egyptian celebrities talks about his experiences as a Gay man in the closet in anti-LGBT Egypt and his experiences coming out in that environment.

Omar Sharif Jr. on Coming Out:

Here's another link, from 2015, where Sharif talks about how his grandfather didn't care about his LGBT status and loved him for who he is.

Omar Sharif Jr: My grandfather didn’t care that I’m gay · PinkNews

And another article talking about how he not only came out as gay but also a Jew, which is a difficult thing to do in Egypt. (Mainly sharing this because, as a Jew, I think that's cool).

Omar Sharif Jr: I'm gay and Jewish | The Times of Israel

All and all, very inspiring and brave.

#1 LostLion, Jun 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  2. Nikky DoUrden

Its old news (2011/2012), and he said that hes afraid to go back to Egpyt because of that, not sure whats happening these days though ^_^
    Maybe the fact hes grandson of Omar Sharif will make people think before judging!

3. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yea, I know the story is a bit old, but the first link was earlier in the month at the Oslo Forum. Yea, I hope that people see him as a tangible, lovable face to LGBT because of his grandfather.