1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating in a big- ish city

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sealgirl19, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Sealgirl19

You'd think it'll be easy right?

Its not.

I live in Chicago and my longest relationship was one year and nine months. I don't have much luck with finding someone because I'm awkward and don't know how to approach people. I would love to go out on dates and get to know people I just need to find someone who genuinely likes me. One day I'll figure it out.

2. guitar

Are you on dating sites? Gone to singles mixers? Asked friends to set you up? Sometimes you land relationships through sheer coincidence. Twice I've gone to parties,hit it off, and we started dating thereafter.

3. Sealgirl19

I'm never used a dating site. I sometimes go to social events with friends but they are mostly geek themed. I not sure if I trust my friends enough to find me someone.

4. PrettyinPunk

Honestly I think it'd be easier to find someone to date in a big city compared to small town. One you have better odds with more people and you tend to have more opportunities to relate to someone by the variety of activities in a city. I used to live in Chicago, there's so much going on. Why not try exploring a hobby or interest and meet people that way? Even if you don't find a romantic partner your having fun and putting yourself out there.

5. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dating in a small town is difficult. Dating in a city is easier, though still hard. As some point out dating apps are a good but if you're like me and hate dating apps then going out in public is a good option. Look up some local LGBT places and take a look around.