1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Neurotic Are You?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Daydreamer1, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    BuzzFeed made a video on a test to see how neurotic are you, and I was curious to see what all of you scored and if you agree with your results.

Short Form for the IPIP NEO-PI, Introductory Information

---

My results:

Extraversion - 8: Your score on Extraversion is low, indicating you are introverted, reserved, and quiet. You enjoy solitude and solitary activities. Your socializing tends to be restricted to a few close friends.

Agreeableness - 54: Your level of Agreeableness is average, indicating some concern with others' Needs, but, generally, unwillingness to sacrifice yourself for others.

Conscientiousness - 1: Your score on Conscientiousness is low, indicating you like to live for the moment and do what feels good now. Your work tends to be careless and disorganized.

Neuroticism - 94: Your score on Neuroticism is high, indicating that you are easily upset, even by what most people consider the normal demands of living. People consider you to be sensitive and emotional.

Openness - 45: Your score on Openness to Experience is average, indicating you enjoy tradition but are willing to try new things. Your thinking is neither simple nor complex. To others you appear to be a well-educated person but not an intellectual.

I'm a bit surprised by agreeableness, since I think of myself as being someone who is overly selfless and often forgets about taking care of myself to focus on other people. And I guess I'm sort of willing to make an exception for openness, since I'm not sure if those around me just see me as someone who is well-educated or an intellectual; since I can sometimes be a tad bit arrogant and think I'm "up there".

But other than that, I agree with a lot of this. I'm an introverted neurotic dirtbag.

2. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My results:

Extraversion - 1: Your score on Extraversion is low, indicating you are introverted, reserved, and quiet. You enjoy solitude and solitary activities. Your socializing tends to be restricted to a few close friends.

Agreeableness - 62: Your level of Agreeableness is average, indicating some concern with others' Needs, but, generally, unwillingness to sacrifice yourself for others.

Conscientiousness - 53: Your score on Conscientiousness is average. This means you are reasonably reliable, organized, and self-controlled.

Neuroticism - 99: Your score on Neuroticism is high, indicating that you are easily upset, even by what most people consider the normal demands of living. People consider you to be sensitive and emotional.

Openness - 47: Your score on Openness to Experience is average, indicating you enjoy tradition but are willing to try new things. Your thinking is neither simple nor complex. To others you appear to be a well-educated person but not an intellectual.

I'm honestly surprised that Neuroticism is so high and Extraversion being so low. But then I think about it and it makes a lot more sense.

3. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    EXTRAVERSION - 8
    Your score on Extraversion is low, indicating you are introverted, reserved, and quiet. You enjoy solitude and solitary activities. Your socializing tends to be restricted to a few close friends

AGREEABLENESS - 81
    Your high level of Agreeableness indicates a strong interest in others' needs and well-being. You are pleasant, sympathetic, and cooperative.

CONSCIENTIOUSNESS - 86
    Your score on Conscientiousness is high. This means you set clear goals and pursue them with determination. People regard you as reliable and hard-working.

NEUROTICISM - 72
    Your score on Neuroticism is high, indicating that you are easily upset, even by what most people consider the normal demands of living. People consider you to be sensitive and emotional.

OPENNESS - 1 :lol:
    Your score on Openness to Experience is low, indicating you like to think in plain and simple terms. Others describe you as down-to-earth, practical, and conservative.

4. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Extraversion - 2: Your score on Extraversion is low, indicating you are introverted, reserved, and quiet. You enjoy solitude and solitary activities. Your socializing tends to be restricted to a few close friends.

Agreeableness - 99: Your high level of Agreeableness indicates a strong interest in others' needs and well-being. You are pleasant, sympathetic, and cooperative.

Conscientiousness - 68: Your score on Conscientiousness is high. This means you set clear goals and pursue them with determination. People regard you as reliable and hard-working.

Neuroticism - 45: Your score on Neuroticism is average, indicating that your level of emotional reactivity is typical of the general population. Stressful and frustrating situations are somewhat upsetting to you, but you are generally able to get over these feelings and cope with these situations.

Openness - 45: Your score on Openness to Experience is average, indicating you enjoy tradition but are willing to try new things. Your thinking is neither simple nor complex. To others you appear to be a well-educated person but not an intellectual.

Interesting. I was surprised seeing agreeableness that high, but other than that, I think I agree with it.

5. eMei

Extraversion / 1 / Your score on Extraversion is low, indicating you are introverted, reserved, and quiet. You enjoy solitude and solitary activities. Your socializing tends to be restricted to a few close friends.

Agreeableness / 59 / Your level of Agreeableness is average, indicating some concern with others' Needs, but, generally, unwillingness to sacrifice yourself for others.

Conscientiousness / 1 / Your score on Conscientiousness is low, indicating you like to live for the moment and do what feels good now. Your work tends to be careless and disorganised.

Neuroticism / 97 / Your score on Neuroticism is high, indicating that you are easily upset, even by what most people consider the normal demands of living. People consider you to be sensitive and emotional.

Openness to Experience / 25 / Your score on Openness to Experience is low, indicating you like to think in plain and simple terms. Others describe you as down-to-earth, practical, and conservative.

6. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Extraversion: 28
    Your score on Extraversion is low, indicating you are introverted, reserved, and quiet. You enjoy solitude and solitary activities. Your socializing tends to be restricted to a few close friends.

Agreeableness: 9 (Lol, I'm that bad?)
    Your score on Agreeableness is low, indicating less concern with others' needs Than with your own. People see you as tough, critical, and uncompromising.

Conscientiousness: 67
    Your score on Conscientiousness is high. This means you set clear goals and pursue them with determination. People regard you as reliable and hard-working.

Neuroticism: 20
    Your score on Neuroticism is low, indicating that you are exceptionally calm, composed and unflappable. You do not react with intense emotions, even to situations that most people would describe as stressful.

Openness to experience: 74
    Your score on Openness to Experience is high, indicating you enjoy novelty, variety, and change. You are curious, imaginative, and creative.

I'm often both extremes at different times, so I had trouble choosing one option sometimes. That probably affected the results, but I mostly agree with it.

7. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    EXTRAVERSION - 22
    Your score on Extraversion is low, indicating you are introverted, reserved, and quiet. You enjoy solitude and solitary activities. Your socializing tends to be restricted to a few close friends.

AGREEABLENESS - 77
    Your high level of Agreeableness indicates a strong interest in others' needs and well-being. You are pleasant, sympathetic, and cooperative.

CONSCIENTIOUSNESS - 49
    Your score on Conscientiousness is average. This means you are reasonably reliable, organized, and self-controlled.

NEUROTICISM - 64
    Your score on Neuroticism is average, indicating that your level of emotional reactivity is typical of the general population. Stressful and frustrating situations are somewhat upsetting to you, but you are generally able to get over these feelings and cope with these situations.

OPENNESS - 89
    Your score on Openness to Experience is high, indicating you enjoy novelty, variety, and change. You are curious, imaginative, and creative.

8. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Interesting test. I recognize some IPIP-NEO questions from the See My Personality test

I mostly agree with my results, although some confuse me. Plus my anger score gives me the creeps. I think it should be more like 70. I've worked hard to reduce my anger problems. It's definitely better than when I was in my teens ^^;
    [​IMG]

Your score on Extraversion is average, indicating you are neither a subdued loner nor a jovial chatterbox. You enjoy time with others but also time alone.

[​IMG]

Your score on Agreeableness is low, indicating less concern with others' needs Than with your own. People see you as tough, critical, and uncompromising.

[​IMG]

Your score on Conscientiousness is average. This means you are reasonably reliable, organized, and self-controlled.

[​IMG]

Your score on Neuroticism is high, indicating that you are easily upset, even by what most people consider the normal demands of living. People consider you to be sensitive and emotional.

[​IMG]

9. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Extraversion: 1

Agreeableness: 86

Conscientiousness: 19
    Your score on Conscientiousness is low, indicating you like to live for the moment and do what feels good now. Your work tends to be careless and disorganized.

Neuroticism: 94

Openness: 55
    Your score on Openness to Experience is average, indicating you enjoy tradition but are willing to try new things. Your thinking is neither simple nor complex. To others you appear to be a well-educated person but not an intellectual.

I'm not surprised in my scores. The Neuroticism one is interesting because under it was depression which I got a score of 99.

10. PrettyinPunk

Extraversion-82 Your score on Extraversion is high, indicating you are sociable, outgoing, energetic, and lively. You prefer to be around people much of the time.

Agree except the last sentence. It's about half and half.

Agreeableness-47 Your level of Agreeableness is average, indicating some concern with others' Needs, but, generally, unwillingness to sacrifice yourself for others.

I feel this should be higher. Most of the subcategories were high but apparently having a high opinion of yourself and enjoying the occasional scuffle makes me a non caring jerk.:lol:

Conscientiousness-19 Your score on Conscientiousness is low, indicating you like to live for the moment and do what feels good now. Your work tends to be careless and disorganized.

Disorganized, maybe but not necessarily careless.

Neuroticism-4 Your score on Neuroticism is low, indicating that you are exceptionally calm, composed and unflappable. You do not react with intense emotions, even to situations that most people would describe as stressful.

Pretty accurate. I have a fiery, explosive, quick temper but it fades quickly most of the time.

Openess-69 Your score on Openness to Experience is high, indicating you enjoy novelty, variety, and change. You are curious, imaginative, and creative.

On point. Gotta love that score number.

Cool test btw.:slight_smile:

11. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Extroversion - 1
    Agreeableness - 38
    Conscientiousness - 41
    Neuroticism - 97
    Openness - 5

12. Brytaleith

Agreeableness: 2

Conscientiousness: 17
    Your score on Conscientiousness is low, indicating you like to live for the moment and do what feels good now. Your work tends to be careless and disorganized.

Neuroticism: 58
    Your score on Neuroticism is average, indicating that your level of emotional reactivity is typical of the general population. Stressful and frustrating situations are somewhat upsetting to you, but you are generally able to get over these feelings and cope with these situations.

Openness: 5
    Your score on Openness to Experience is low, indicating you like to think in plain and simple terms. Others describe you as down-to-earth, practical, and conservative.

This is similar to the Big 5, no?
    I don't think my results are that reliable tbh

13. AngelLikesSpace

Out Status:
    Some people
    Extraversion: 1- Your score on Extraversion is low, indicating you are introverted, reserved, and quiet. You enjoy solitude and solitary activities. Your socializing tends to be restricted to a few close friends.

Agreeableness: 68- Your high level of Agreeableness indicates a strong interest in others' needs and well-being. You are pleasant, sympathetic, and cooperative.

Conscientiousness: 39- Your score on Conscientiousness is average. This means you are reasonably reliable, organized, and self-controlled.

Neuroticism: 92- Your score on Neuroticism is high, indicating that you are easily upset, even by what most people consider the normal demands of living. People consider you to be sensitive and emotional.

Openness: 46- Your score on Openness to Experience is average, indicating you enjoy tradition but are willing to try new things. Your thinking is neither simple nor complex. To others you appear to be a well-educated person but not an intellectual.

14. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    EXTRAVERSION 1: Your score on Extraversion is low, indicating you are introverted, reserved, and quiet. You enjoy solitude and solitary activities. Your socializing tends to be restricted to a few close friends.

AGREEABLENESS 49: Your level of Agreeableness is average, indicating some concern with others' Needs, but, generally, unwillingness to sacrifice yourself for others.

CONSCIENTIOUSNESS 34: Your score on Conscientiousness is average. This means you are reasonably reliable, organized, and self-controlled.

NEUROTICISM 98: Your score on Neuroticism is high, indicating that you are easily upset, even by what most people consider the normal demands of living. People consider you to be sensitive and emotional.

OPENNESS 85: Your score on Openness to Experience is high, indicating you enjoy novelty, variety, and change. You are curious, imaginative, and creative.

15. Quist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Agreeableness: 68

Conscientiousness: 77

Neuroticism: 69

I actually don't feel it's as high as it says, I'm very laid back and easy going. When I do get "upset" it's usually over something major. Everything else seemed about right though.

Openness to Experience: 40
    Your score on Openness to Experience is average, indicating you enjoy tradition but are willing to try new things. Your thinking is neither simple nor complex. To others you appear to be a well-educated person but not an intellectual.

#15 Quist, Jul 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2016