1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spooky paranormal stuff

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kobra kid, Jul 1, 2016.

1. kobra kid

any thoughts on stuff like that? cryptids, aliens, urban legends, conspiracy theories, creepypasta type stuff? i really like reading about the cool cryptids. a lot of them are boring, but my favorites are wendigos, the chupacabra, and the jersey devil. i also really like aliens. i'm personally really interested by stuff like that, but i don't actually believe any of it. it's just fun to read and think about, you know?

#1 kobra kid, Jul 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I don't read a lot of the creepy things on the internet, but I always liked creepy things when I was little. I used to read those Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark books, which were actually pretty creepy looking back at them:slight_smile: I also like watching Ghost Adventures and spooking myself.

I don't think I believe most of that stuff, as I'm usually a big skeptic about most things, but sometimes while I'm watching/reading those things especially when it comes to ghosts I almost like to believe it and kind of do sometimes.

Yeah it is fun to get into that stuff, kind of like how going into a haunted house and getting spooked is fun.

3. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My friend drags me ghost hunting. I do and don't believe in it.
    Same for ailens. I think its possible for them to exist but doubt they'd ever be interested in us.

4. thrashgal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    the only reason i believe ghosts are for real now is becuz i saw one..well, me and my sister saw it..it was broad daylight and we were on a walk down this street that was surrounded by almond orchards and there was an almond hauler on the right, we were talking and about 15ft-20 infront of us this shadow figure (it was like a black shadow sortof in the shape of a man but it was floating not walking) from the fence of the almond hauler crossing the road and it was as if it saw us and got scared cuz it zoomed into the orchard hella fast..it was spooky as hell cuz we saw it in the daytime like pretty vividly..

5. Glowing Eyes

I find them interesting at times even if they're kind of dumb at times. But conspiracy theories are really starting to annoy me.

6. glenriver

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah. I read an article on Sandy Hook conspiracists. It was awful. They were harassing grieving parents and everything.

7. Glowing Eyes

Yeah. Or the conspiracy theory that Antonin Scalia was murdered or that the recent Orlando shooting was fake. Can't people just live in the real world instead of screaming about everything being a government plot to do [blank].

#7 Glowing Eyes, Jul 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  8. kobra kid

I totally understand that. Conspiracies where people allege that real, terrible events were a government plot are not ok. It downplays the trauma people suffered and draws attention away from real societal issues.

Having said that, I do enjoy reading about conspiracies such as alien cover-ups or people who believe MK Ultra was successful.

9. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The only one I actually believe realistically would be extraterrestrial life, not the stereotypical Greys or anything like that, but something more akin to humble "Water bear" microbes. I feel with the size of the universe and it's galaxies, only one measly speck of a planet holding life seems absurdly improbable. Convergent evolution happens here, but creatures that far away would come from a far different evolutional chain and I don't feel they'd resemble anything that exists on Earth, and if parts were to share similar functions at all they wouldn't resemble the ones we are familiar with. As in, if it has "eyes" or an eye, like a camera it would most likely have an entirely different composition for the same purpose. "Legs" might be more akin to pseudopods, you get the point. Even creatures in the deep seas of Earth contain features that were unknown for quite some time, so it wouldn't be crazy to think an organism from a different galactic arm would be even more strange. Maybe they aren't even organic in the sense that we understand it.

As for everything else:
    [​IMG]

10. derVaminoi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    People drop like flies at my work (retirement home for the elderly) so there are a bunch of people who feel like the place is haunted. Some weird stuff has been happening, like false fire alarms in the morgue and in the attic where the dead's belongings are kept, and some claim to have seen stuff. I don't think it's anything more than a coincidence myself.

11. candyjiru

I think they're interesting and I love finding out the real reasons they came into the public consciousness~ Like, dragons? We still have komodo dragons and other huge lizards, so who's to say there weren't dragons (that were later conflated to make the story more interesting)? Succubus? Were you having a sexy dream about a lover? "Oh, no, current partner~~ It was... a succubus..." Did you accidentally get knocked up while your partner was away? "It was... an incubus! I definitely wasn't knocking boots with the baker..."

XD;;;;;

12. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The paranormal is ridiculous. We live in a physical universe and anything that manifests within this universe that is observable or can be interacted with, must, by definition, be part of that universe and its workings and thus natural by nature.

So for arguments sake, let's say ghosts are real (which of corse there is zero actual evidence for), if ghosts were to exist they would have to be part of the natural workings of the universe and thus, again by definition, not paranormal.

As you can see there is a paradox between the observed natural universe and the so called paranormal. At best, the paranormal is just a poor word, for something that cannot yet be adequately explained.

Happy days :slight_smile:

13. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This ^^^

But I still just like listening to them though

14. Xochipilli

I like it all! But I don't really look it up. I'm easily frightened. And then I can't sleep at night because I know something will kill me. :grin:

Creeeepy. :dead:

I had a similar experience in elementary school! It was lunch hour and teacher lady told us she'd be gone for the afternoon so all her students were supposed to wait in a different classroom afterwards. My friends and I forgot. After lunch we stopped by our normal room and tried to open the door, which was locked. We looked in through the windows trying to figure out why and I saw a black humanoid figure inside sort of walking away from us. I thought it was imagined so I didn't really react, but one of my friends flipped and was all DID YOU GUYS SEE THAT OMG OMG OMG. So we spent the rest of the day telling everyone and blaming anything even slightly strange on the "ghost". My mom never believed me. :lol:

15. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being someone who thought about becoming a demonologist and a paranormal investigator when I was a kid, I love learning about spooky shit.

16. thrashgal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    haha no way? thats a tripp