1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rock Climbing?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bubbles123, Jul 1, 2016.

1. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I really want to get into rock climbing more. I've done some indoor before, but I also really like climbing rocks/cliff sides a bit when I'm outside. I've never done anything large-scale or with ropes though.

So I'm just wondering if anyone else does it? What are your experiences and what's a good way to maybe get started? Is it expensive?

2. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've done a few things climbing up the sides of mini cliffs and such. But that was always with camps. Maybe see if there are any camps near you that offer lessons or if there are any programs offered through your town or community centres? I'm not sure 100% how that sort of stuff works in the States....Lol

3. Joelouis

I've done a bit of rock climbing, though not on a large scale cliff.
    Plenty of abseiling when I went to the Blue Mountains near Sydney, including abseiling down a waterfall - that was cool!

I really liked canyoning as well, again in the Blue Mountains.

My favourite activity was white water rafting down the Baron river not far from Cairns in north east Australia. Very highly recommended by myself.

4. Psaurus918

There is a group that gets together for rock climbing at these cliffs like 30 minutes from my house and I've always thought about trying it.

I do spend a lot of time hiking mountains though