1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wishing Somebody Was Dead?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Plattyrex, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Plattyrex

I kinda had a passing thought recently about wishing that somebody who I really don't l like was dead. I took it back very quickly, but it was still a thought that my own mind came up with. This hurts me a little because I always follow the logic that nobody deserves to die no matter what they do. She hurt me very bad and did lots of horrible things to me, but I feel like wishing death on her makes me worse than she is. Idk. I would really like to know what you guys think of this. Is it normal to have thoughts like this? I can confidently say that I h ha ve never had ny thoughts like this before, and therefore I would assume most other people haven't either.

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've wished some people would die that were awfully mean to me but I know deep down inside I don't mean it. It would just be easier if these people weren't in my life.

3. Glowing Eyes

I've had fantasies about killing some really, really, REALLY annoying classmates but didn't actually want them to die.

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is how I felt and I also felt this way about one dickhead teacher I had.

5. Xochipilli

I think it's normal-ish and you shouldn't feel too bad about it. You seem to have a pretty good handle on things.

I went through a phase when I was 14 where I was wishing people were dead left and right. My parents didn't like it. They felt it would somehow reverse and end up killing one of us or something.

6. Plattyrex

I hope so. I fucking hate her and hope that I never, ever see her again, but for some reason I felt really bad about wishing she was dead. Idk why.

7. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Think about it, when someone hurts someone else, what form of contextual connections does the act bring with it. Revenge is the main one and it is a short distance from revenge to death. So death can pop up in your mind instinctively when you are hurt by someone - that's how cognition works. However, how we respond to that thought is what truly matters, you felt disturbed and guilty and haunted by the thought. You are so afraid of hurting others and being evil that just thinking about an act makes you anxious and guilty.

In the past I felt a similar feeling of distress quite a few times, over time I recognized that there is a huge gap between thinking about something and acting on those thoughts. Furthermore, the guilt, shame and distress that I always feel is a sure sign that the last thing thst I would ever do is act on the intrusive thoughts and hurt someone.

(*hug*)

8. CoderK

Some people I would want dead if they were still alive, but the number is very few. I sometimes fantasize about killing some people(Donald Trump), but I don't want them to suffer. I would rather they not have existed at all, or not be in a position to do what makes me want to kill them. Very few people deserve to be killed.

9. Hunter8

Yeah, there are times people can drive me insane, but I think genuinely wishing that a particular individual would actually die is a very radical and unbalanced mindset. Nothing good comes of such hatred. Hate is easy, but love is hard. I still have so much to learn when it comes to loving my enemies, but thankfully my Savior continues to teach me on a daily basis what Love is really all about. Hate will always only ever lead to death. But I want to make life my focus, and that means love must be paramount in my life.

10. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I wanted to ruin a straight Guy's life but I didn't want to kill him.

11. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I get this passing feeling sometes but it's not something that I'm actually gonna do so it's fine. The only person with which it lasts more than a few seconds is my mother on occasion. It's slightly disturbing when I think about it but I don't really think about it because it's just an instinct of rage.

12. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Anger is irrational and can quickly blow out of proportion. As long as you control it well it's just a dark thought.

13. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ...I actually can't stop wishing that the most downright sickening people on earth would all just drop at once. Sorta like ISIS, rapists, and human traffickers, I'm normally quite repulsed by any sort of violence but I would turn a blind eye if someone were to "take care of this mess" themselves.

I guess I'm just not one of those people who believes everyone deserves life, I feel if one violent individual threatens the lives of many, their elimination would protect more lives than it would destroy. I've never actually hurt anyone. But if I were locked in a room with one of these types and someone I care about, I'd probably do it to protect them.

Problem being, how do you separate the truly guilty from the framed and innocent? If I did somehow destroy someone, I could never forgive myself should they turn out innocent.

14. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm very guilty of these feelings. When I was in junior high, I wanted to kill all the kids who were mean to me.
    If someone killed Donald Trump, I might be pleased.

15. Plattyrex

I changed my mind. I don't feel bad anymore. I don't wish she would die, but I fucking despise her.

16. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think the thought is pretty commonplace when someone makes your life difficult. I'm no shrink but I'd bet it's a natural stress reliever to imagine a horrible person being out of your life in a final way. But I also think it would be unhealthy if someone started dwelling on this. If it were becoming a constant fantasy or was frequently including new people who had seemingly wronged you then you'd have a problem.

17. thepandaboss

It's normal unless you actually do something to act on it. Believe me, I didn't exactly have the nicest feelings in regards to my ex and a person who lead me to develop PTSD

18. peterw78165

peterw78165 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here. (*hug*)(&&&)

19. Rodessenth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other