1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting into the scene

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dave, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Dave

In the four or so months it has been since I have come out I have had some major changes in my life. I have moved into a home on my own for the first time in my life, and I have become honest and open with the majority of my friends.

However I have been wanting to start dating and I have absolutely no clue about how to start. I have heard about gay nights being held at the clubs in Bendigo, however when I try to find out more I cannot find specifics. I truly have no real clue about how to start, however my friends around here are helping, but our efforts seem to be for nil. The only gay guy I actually have met, was through EC, and even then, we only met in passing.

What should I do? Also Bendigo EC Members (all 2 of you :slight_smile: ) have you heard about any nights in the clubs around here?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    45 seconds on Google got me this.

Bendigo Gay Society. A social and support group for gay men and women. Weekly drop-in nights, monthly functions. For further info write to PO Box 1123 Bendigo 3352; Tel: (03) 5443 8355, (03) 5443 8187 (AH).

It's a start. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. Dave

:grin: Thanks Lex I'll look into that, I think my search terms are a little too broad or narrow to bring up a decent result, but I'll still keep looking

4. Jeimuzu

Just ring that number, there's always a phone number somewhere full of people who know the answer =]

5. twilight lover

6. I was told that The Icon has a gay night on the last Friday of every month, whether that's still the case or not I don't know.
    I haven't gone out clubbing yet, waiting on my friends to turn 18. -_-

I don't know many other gay people myself, but I've managed to find a few. :wink:
    They're out there, and I'ma start looking for them soon myself.

7. Dave

A couple of my friends have decided that they're going to take me to the Icon event this month, so I'll see how that goes

8. Greggers

Good luck! (*hug*) I hope it goes well for you