1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any other DND players? Any stories?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CoderK, Jul 10, 2016.

1. CoderK

Been playing DND for a short while so far. I have a couple stories that I want to share, and I wanna see how many of us play DND.

First story was the time I burnt down a goblin orphanage, got shot in the temple by the rogue in our party, woke up in a cage being taken to a court. I then used a large sleep spell and escaped the cage, tied up my party, dragged them away, burnt down the rest of my party, killed the rogue. Yep. Chaotic-Evil FTW!

The second story was the time I convinced a bandit to commit suicide by rolling a twenty in a speech check. It was hilarious and sad at the same time.

So any stories you guys want to share?

2. iiimee

I do a ton of different stories, but yeah, I DM 5e games.

3. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yo. I'm in two groups.
    One time I accidentally created a super evil. Only to later accidentally create another super evil. I wasn't DMing.

4. NoXsOrOs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :grin: had so much fun playing dm in the 7, 8, 9th but recently I can't find a group.. damn I have every book memorized for 3.5 :frowning2:

5. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always wanted to play, but I never had any friends that did. A couple months ago, my girlfriend told me that she played and promised to teach me. We have an online group now that started playing three weeks ago.

Our first game, we had a bunch of players flake out for one reason or another so there were only three of us (+ my girlfriend as DM since she was the only one of us who had played at all before). We ended up fighting a small group of goblins until the last one surrendered. After we got all the information we needed from him, we questioned what we should do with him. Our Sorcerer rolled a persuasion check to convince him to not only join us, but fight on our side against the goblins. It succeeded. His name is Jonathan.

P.S. Does anyone watch Critical Role? :grin:

6. Jellal

My friends and I will be playing 5e pretty soon. We were using the Numenera system for our roleplays before, but our DM got really interested in the 5th edition for Dungeons and Dragons so we've been remaking our character sheets (and I'm doing my best to learn all the rules.) Anyway I have a lawful good paladin character. Trying to do good by the game world rather than just running rampant in it helps me feel more immersed in the role.
    I've done only one fight in 5e so far, sparring against a knight from my paladin's order. It was pretty intense, at first I was holding back because I didn't want to hurt him but then he started absolutely kicking my ass, so I started fighting back really hard. Did a thunderous smite and divine smite on him at once to end the battle.
    Can't wait to play more, but it's an absolute bitch getting everyone's schedules to line up so my group can do the campaign.

7. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Both play and GM table top games. Exalted, Pathfinder, DND and some others.

8. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mmhm, i've played a few times in the past, and am actually going to start playing again with a new group of folks in the near future :slight_smile: