1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I really want to go traveling!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ScottRhys, Jul 11, 2016.

1. ScottRhys

ScottRhys Guest

So I've wanted to go traveling for a really long time!! I haven't been on a vacation abroad in years. My passport is out of date lol. The only problem is I don't have anyone to go with... Family are disagreeing with me going alone -.-

I'm going regardless of wether they approve or not lol. I Just think it will be stupid going alone.. and boring? No one to share my experiences with... BUT I'M CRAVING A VACATION.

I'm 18 and feel like I've wasted so much of my time in education. I'm currently in a job that pays me enough money to afford a Vacation if I save up for it. i'm just shit at saving!! Lmao.

I'm just so bored of staying at home all the time. I wanna get out and see the world!!!

Any advice?

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I loveeee travelling and totally feel you - I've barely travelled anywhere!

You could always go somewhat local, maybe a few states over, some place you haven't been been before. It'd save you the issue of getting a passport,airplanes, and might be a good idea in general if you haven't travelled alone before.

But if you want to go out of the States, then the first thing I'd recommend (obviously) is renew your passport. And do a shit ton of research. Just doing a quick Google of "travelling alone" and several decent results pop up. I think travelling alone can be awesome, but could be boring - it depends on your willingness to chat with locals, try new things etc.

Definitely do research though - there are so many little details for airplane luggage, travel Insurance, safety etc. Oh and I'd highly recommend going somewhere completely safe - Canada, The UK, or some other first world country.

3. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hmm, without a valid passport you could get yourself into a lot of troubles, even if you chose a 'first world country' any bored cop has the right to stop you, and you'd spend time in a jail, just waiting for your family to pick you up, which is not the best way to spend your time, let alone theirs... So please spare yourself the troubles and renew your passport first.

Travelling on your own doesn't have to be 'boring' or 'stupid', if you can keep yourself busy (doing some pictures for instance).

You could try to find some 'travel buddy', there must be resources out there, just try and google... But don't forget you'd be travelling with an unknown person, so you'll risk having this random stranger ruining your holidays... Or maybe not, depending on your luck, if you want to risk it...