1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wording of questions.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Secrets5, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

When I answer questions, I seem to look at external factors around the question, even if these external factors are not asked. This leads to difficulty answering the question, as I cannot be certain if the test maker [in this case, an online psychologist who I cannot contact to confirm] is including - but not stating - these external factors around the question or not. I'll give an example from ''in this case'':

If I select ''agree'' to the question ''I would hire a man to do a secretary job'' , does that also mean I am also indirectly choosing ''disagree'' to the opposite - but unasked - question ''I would hire a woman to do a secretary job''?

As a note for how you to answer my question: (since I might be confused between how I worded my question and how you answered, I'd like to put this so I don't get even more confused or confuse you)

If you answer ''yes'' I will assume that means ''I am indirectly choosing to disagree to the opposite - but unasked - question''

If you answer ''no'' I will assume that means ''I am not indirectly choosing to disagree to the opposite - but unasked - question''

Also, any ways on how to work out if future statements or questions include or exclude external factors?

Thank-you.

#1 Secrets5, Jul 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I think the meaning of that question would be "[Even though secretary is typically seen as a woman's job] I would hire a man to do a secretary job." I don't think there's any deeper meaning than that to it.