1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to ask a woman out?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Secrets5, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

I know I'm bi so I can ask men and non-binaries out but this is largely focusing on women due to comments they've made about men asking them out. Also note that I've never asked anyone out before so sorry if this sounds really stupid, I'm not experienced.

What would you consider as inappropriate ''moves'' on asking you out? And what ''moves'' would you consider appropriate?

Let's assume here that our sexuality match up.

Reason I'm asking is that I've heard women thinking it's objectifying to ask her ''how you doing?'' (and please note I'm the kind of person to actually listen and give you support if you're not okay) so if asking a woman how she is isn't okay, then I'm not sure what is.

And are there any ''moves'' that are/aren't okay for a woman, but aren't/are okay for a man or non-binary? [I don't think there should be, but there does seem to be a difference between it being okay to call a man ''fit'' but not okay to call a woman ''hot'' so just asking in case]

Also, [taking the ''assume'' out] when should I tell a person I'm wanting to date I'm non-binary: when asking them out, before the first date; at the beginning, during or at the end? [I wouldn't go later than that]

Thank-you.

2. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When in doubt

[​IMG]

3. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't introduce yourself by making a comment on her body/looks. I believe that is the only difference. (My understanding is that men/some nonbinaries aren't as uncomfortable with being objectified because there isn't the same sort of culture surrounding it. I apologize if my assumption is wrong.

"How are you doing" isn't sexist; it's just boring and extremely unoriginal.

You should probably tell the person about your gender identity sooner rather than later in case there's an issue. If there is, then the relationship is probably not worth pursuing.

#3 Awesome, Jul 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  4. rado84

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've gone past the time when I used to ask women out. Now, if a woman happens to catch my eye, I don't waste time in BS. Instead, I just ask her directly: "Do you wanna f*ck with me?". Most of the time they refuse but may be one third of the asked say "yes". :grin: So, you can always try that and you won't lose anything.

P.S. The reason I started communicating with women like that is exactly woman's fault.