1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

closest you have been to being "exposed" as LGBTQ+

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dobby, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Dobby

Out Status:
    A few people
    have you had any close calls whilst being in the closet?

did it actually force you to come out earlier than you planned?

how did you feel?

Mine is occurring right now..

My brother has my phone in his pocket (we were out and i didn't take a bag) and i forgot to get it back before he went out again...

it has an app on there and my matches kind of reveal everything...my only positive is my phone was on like 20% so fingers crossed it dies.

I'm trying to play it down. could easily panic if i let myself.

2. vertical

vertical Guest

I've had multiple close calls, mostly due to my own carelessness...all unintentional of course, and very stressful...I did get outed at one point....turned out alright in the end but it was very uncomfortable at the time.

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh god there has been so many times.

4. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's how it was for me too. Everyone was always hinting...

Nowadays anyone that it is relevant to knows, but I'm not super open about it either. A lot of my family still doesn't know, but a lot of them do. I didn't want my sister to ever find out but she did in the most awkward way possible... She found out because I moved in with her and was in a LDR. Her and her husband apparently heard my ex-girlfriend and I's "private" phone call conversations... I'll never live that one down... -___-

5. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It was our quasi-results day at school and two people were talking behind me:

"Do you think they're gay" one of them said to the other.

I ended up breaking up my speech what I was saying to my friend since I was listening in

"Yes, they're listening" the other replied.

I didn't say anything and they never asked me, although one of them smiled at me during school a lot after this - and I thought that was weird. We'd never been friendly before but we were recently put in the same class, so they could have just been friendly. I think it was just that, although I can't help thinking one of them may have wanted to as me out. I mean, what was it to them my sexuality? We're 17/18 so all of that excitement of someone being gay [if themselves are not] is gone.

Anyway, I'm bi, so they're wrong anyway - but I'm pretty sure they were talking about me.

Perhaps people did know, I mean, I didn't really hide anything about my sexuality I just didn't explicitly say anything.

Agender wise - nobody knew, nobody asked. I didn't tell. I don't think I would have either given there was only two years left.

I think often of pretending to forget to shut this down and have EC open so my parents would look.

#5 Secrets5, Jul 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  6. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The most recent one was when I had a speaking test. We used iPods the Japanese teacher lent us to do voice recordings and we were talking about a picture the teacher gave us as a prompt and at one point, my friend mentioned I was gay for some reason, I can't remember why, and I got both flustered and mad at him because I didn't really want random people to know. Luckily another group messed something up so we had to delete the recording and I told him not to mention it.

7. Deinna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've managed to keep myself closeted pretty well, but my mum has been suspicious and have asked many times, if I like girls and other things like that. Luckily, I have been able to convince her that I'm straight.

8. britishatheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Just happened the other night, actually.

I was watching TV with my mom and brother, and my brother made some comment about how he wanted our mom to live with him when we were adults and she couldn't take care of herself anymore. (A very noble statement, I might add, considering what our mother's like. :lol:slight_smile: My mom laughed and told him that his wife wouldn't want her living with them.

And to that, I responded:

"Don't worry, I'm sure MY wife will be fine with you living with us."

:eusa_doh: :bang: :eusa_doh: :bang: Et cetera.

It was just so off the cuff, I didn't even notice what I'd said until after I said it. My mom was like, "You trying to tell me something, Brit?"

It was the perfect moment. I could've come out right then and there. But I didn't. I laughed it off.

She seemed to take it as a joke, which is a great relief. But still... I could've easily ended up spilling everything. Which I am DEFINITELY not ready for at this point. :lol:

9. Rowe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Before I came out, I had an ace flag drawn on my wall, and my sister came in my room. She knew what it meant already, so I tried to distract her and get her to not see it. I was scared.

After I came out to my immediate family, we went to a pride event and I wore my shirt with the ace flag on it. My mom took pictures of us and uploaded them to Facebook. So, people might have knew what it meant or wondered what it meant and looked it up. It did lead my mom's best friend asking, and my mom told her (I said she could tell her), so, eep!

10. RGEm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think my close family probably suspect that I'm not straight since I unintentionally always end up talking about LGBT rights :confused: maybe some of my friends who I haven't already told might suspect something, but they probably don't give a shit.

11. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I've been careless quite a few times and almost outted myself :/

Then once somebody I had come out to, implicitly outted me in front of her friend. Most painfully awkward moment of my life :lol:

#11 HM03, Jul 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  12. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Actually, I had a cousin who introduced me to gay club scene and yet, she was the one who exposed me to one of my older brothers. In fact, she schemed behind my back and had my brother and his friends come to the club in order to catch me in the act. However, it just so happened that I had missed being "exposed" by her because I was invited to a party prior to my heading over to the club. When I got there, a couple of gay guys whom she had introduced me to had approached me immediately after I entered the club to tell me what she had showed up with my brother and his friends. They had stayed around for awhile but I did not show up and they had called it a night.

13. iiimee

I HAVE been exposed- on multiple occasions. X_X

You see, I have this friend named Alexis. We've been friends for five-six years now and she's REALLY sweet, though sometimes she can't shut up. XD Unfortunately, whenever she introduces me to a friend, she calls me her "tranny friend" or "gay friend" (despite the fact I date guys more because we're more romantically compatible and not due to some preferred physical attraction, which she knows). Anyway, I've tried to tell her to stop this, but she just can't seem to! X_X It's awkward, especially because she knew me pre-transition. This also scares me a little, because some of the people she's introduced me to have been pretty conservative, and though none have blatantly smacked me down because Alexis is just that charming, a lot of them have given me the evil eye before, and man, feeling like your life is threatened is not a good feeling. X_X Still, I'd risk my life to save that chica, so I guess it's okay... She better not be the death of me for any other reason though. >_>

14. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah I've been outed many times before. As a teen, as an adult. I learned to just be meh about it. When I was young and everyone started talking about the rumor of me liking girls I was upset. In college when people yelled out "This is my lesbian friend" and asked if I was a *derogatory term* carelessly I was upset. But I have been outed so many times in my life that I just got over it. I expect it now.

15. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My sister sent me some almost naked video of some guy on facebook (some comedic video). I was messaging her through facebook mobile and the like button was in a weird place an I accidentally pushed it. My sister then asked me if I was gay and I said "I didn't mean to push that button, i'm on mobile. LOL". She kept saying "no but either way are you gay". So I eventually came out to my sister. Not sure if that's really "exposed" or rather accidentally got my sister asking about if I was gay or not.

16. AlamoCity

Yesterday at work a new employee (I am not out to anyone at work because my dad is sort of my indirect boss) and I were talking about his wife and his parents-in-law and I mentioned how I hoped when I married someone I would get along with the in-laws. I quickly had to make sure I said all the code words: her, she.

17. Coeurage

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I was at a friend's house sometime before Pride this year, and so the conversation of sexualities came up. One girl asked my best friend and me what we were, and I started panicking cause I didn't know what to say. My best friend is like 99% sure she's straight, and I was trying to deflect the conversation topic with something else, but the question came back to me. I gave up and went "I don't know..." So I mean. I guess they know I'm questioning. Kind of.

18. RGEm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have also almost outed myself a couple of times as I felt a need to make a pun or joke about my not-straightness, and I barely manage to hold myself back in time.

19. rado84

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My mother suspected me once. Not that she had no reasons to doubt, though: my love YOHIO is everywhere - on my phone's desktop, on my desktop PC as a background image, there's also a ringtone on my phone with my favorite song of his, I have 3 custom made t-shirts and 1 sweatshirt - all with his face, I even had a poster with him half nude stuck on the side panel of my old PC...
    Fortunately my mum is gullible enough, so I managed to quickly convince her I wasn't gay. Which is true. Sorta... :lol:

20. Xochipilli

I hate situations like that. Hopefully all is as you wanted and your phone battery died.

My closest call was pretty mortifying. I was a temporary baby supervisor at my old job and I was delegating assignments to different people during our busted meeting. Well, the people I worked with were super unprofessional (very crude) and everyone was talking about who they'd like to bang. And some hag said, "we all know X (x is me :lol:slight_smile: likes the dudes" and it erupted into an argument about my sexual preference. Some were like OMG!NO WAY!HE'S STRAIGHT! In the end I just sat there and I don't even remember how I responded, but people were always trying to figure me out because I never talked about my personal life.
    I've since gotten a promotion and am working in a much better environment like a million miles from that last dump. :slight_smile: