1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out Hairstyle

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PennyT, Jul 14, 2016.

1. PennyT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Buzzfeed recently posted a thing about "coming out hairstyles", where people sent in before and after pictures of what they did to their hair after they came out. It this an actually thing? Anyone here change their hair style after coming out? Would you recommend it?

2. YesHomo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally I did have one...and it looked baddddddddd. Like really really bad on me. My pre coming out hair was down to just past my shoulders and it was extremely poofy. :confused:

Right around the time I had accepted my attraction to women and had told my close group of friends, I had decided to get a hair cut. I wanted something concommital with my hair because I had never had a hair cut that I really liked. I was scared to get it all off, thought I would look stupid. So I got it cut to about my chin and it poofed right up. It was horrible. Very glad I did get my hair all cut off later, it looks much better now!

If you do get a hair cut make sure you think about it. But even if it turns out bad, it's hair! It grows back! So go for it! :grin:

3. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I changed mine pretty drastically a couple months before. First cut it chin length from being down the middle of my back, then dyed it all bright blue, then cut it grade 2 sides and couple inches on top. Honestly, for me, cutting my hair was one of the most liberating things I've ever done. I allowed me to feel more like myself and pathed the way to coming out (as a transguy). Do what feels right for you, if you're thinking about a different style then go for it. Remember that hair always grows back and you can have as many different cuts as you want. I don't think it's necessarily a 'coming out thing' but as people come out or decide to they allow themselves to express themselves the way they've always wanted to and that can sometimes be switching up the hair.

4. NewHaircut

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Pretty soon after I came out to a couple of gay friends, they convinced me to let them tell the hairdresser what to do with my hair. I let them, and it actually helped a LOT - I felt more sexy, more self confident, and that confidence has definitely assisted me in finding the courage as I come out to more and more people. I gave a feeling it may help a few of my friends to be less surprised too...