1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Have an Idea and Would Like Some Feedback

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Willa, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Willa

I think love letters are a truly wonderful thing - real old fashioned hand-written love letters, with poems and pressed flowers and little doodles, or even just cute love notes on notebook paper with stickers. Whether a love letter is "Your eyes appear in my dreams, I see you everywhere, etc." or just "I think you're an awesome person and I love you," I think everybody deserves to receive written affirmations of affection.

Whether or not you are in a relationship, whether you are straight or gay or bi or pan or something else entirely, if you're a girl or a guy or a nonbinary person, if you're young or old, you deserve to open up an envelope and read, "For my Darling," or "Dearest Love," or "Hello Angel."

What if we could choose a pen pal - someone from anywhere in the world, any walk of life, whether we could ever see ourselves being actually attracted to them or not - and exchange love letters with them? You don't have to become involved with them. In fact, you probably won't. But you'll write to each other, say things like "I saw ____ today and it made me think of you," and "I wish we were together right now," just because it feels good to share affection, and because love letters are beautiful. No obligation. No strings attached. Just an exchange of loving words.

Am I the only one who would totally jump on something like this?

I mean... you could decide to write love letters to a little old lady who's lonely. Or someone in the closet who can't be in a relationship. Or a random person whose face you may never see. How amazing must it feel to have someone appreciate you without knowing what you look like? You can share as much or as little about yourself as you want.

Anyone? Good idea?(*hug*)

2. glenriver

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I do really like this idea. I think it's great! (*hug*) I would do it.

#2 glenriver, Jul 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  3. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    "How amazing must it feel to have someone appreciate you without knowing what you look like?"

I like this sentence, but the rest sounds a bit creepy to me. Perhaps because I don't trust others easily. I wouldn't know if they were telling the truth or not. It could also directly tear relationships apart if a partner is enjoying the written communications from their secret admirer above their actual partner.

I would be willing to have a pen pal, one who can talk about the day generally and perhaps exchange small presents. But to have it in a love situation, I don't think I could.

Of course, there's probably some people out there who would be less suspicious of others and would go for this.

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I'm a bit distrustful too, but I would do it under the right circumstances, I think. : ) Cute idea!

5. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think its wonderful and very classy. When I was in the hospital several years ago, because at that time I was not able to talk...I had to write everything down on paper. One of my nurses had encouraged me to start writing my thoughts down and create a journal of them which developed into writing poetry. I have a folder of all the poetry that I've written about people that I've met, people I have chatted with on social media, etc. So...yes, I like your idea a lot.

6. Garm147

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well... I'm not so into the letters in a love side... But having a pen pal to write about our days and life i would be into that.
    Sometimes its easier to tell some stuff to a person far away than to a person close to us.

:slight_smile:

7. iquazz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah, that definitely sounds like something I would at least try (knowing me probably getting hooked on, too).

8. GingerBiscuit

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree with you there, sometimes it's easier to open up to a like minded person far away via letters than speaking to someone next to you

9. thrashgal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    yea i think the whole love thing would be hard cuz i think personally i would eventually want to meet the person and well, thatd probly be all bad..unless it was a hott girl and she thought i was hott too then(!) that would be awesome...

10. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I really like this idea and would totally do it as long as I could feel confident that the person is who they say they are and it's safe and everything. Everyone needs a little love sometimes.