1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I did it!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ruby Dragon, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I spent the whole weekend, starting Friday afternoon, at my friend's house. We were looking for something to do so we went to check out a local biker gathering. Lots of awesome people there and my friend got a new tattoo. I've been wanting my eyebrow pierced for a while now and finally just went for it. So after my friend's tat was completed, she went to chat to some people and stand in the sun. I on the other hand, got my eyebrow pierced... having been drinking quite a bit on Friday and the fact that the head/face bleeds a lot anyway, I looked like I was in a bar fight. Blood fucking everywhere. But I survived... until I get home today after work and my parents lay their eyes on me. They know I had it done because I sent them a picture of my friend's tat and my face... didn't seem too thrilled but meh, I'm an adult (albeit impulsive and somewhat reckless).......

I think the part that bothers them is probably the stigma surrounding these kinds of piercings. But does it really still "mean something" other than "the wearer is a badass who bled like a thing being slaughtered". Just joking. But I did bleed a lot though.

Even IF there's some hidden message within this, I don't mind because to me it just means I like how it looks

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Cool! :slight_smile: I got my nose pierced on a similar spontaneous note some weeks ago.

3. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ...aaand I decided to remove it yesterday. Nobody in the house was talking to me and I know it's because of the piercing. After I took it out, peace was somewhat restored. I don't know what to do because I really want more tattoos but if they stopped talking to me over a fucking piercing, how will they react if I tell them I want more ink? :tears: It sucks being treated like a fucking child at almost 28....:bang:

4. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Fight them. You are an adult and you can make your own decisions. If I can still have people talk to me after dying my hair teal and re-piercing one ear, then, by god, you should be able to pierce your eyebrow and get tattoos and get the same respect.

(If you're reluctant, I'm willing to punch people for you :3)

5. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your post made me laugh out loud! :lol:

Punching people isn't the problem - but getting kicked out BECAUSE of punching people... well, let's just say I'd rather not risk it :grin: But on the other side - perhaps they will admit me to the mental clinic again if I go off my rockers a bit. And I'm afraid I might not even need to fake it if things go on like they are now. This is fucking insanity I tell you! A bloody disgrace.

My mom threatened to move out because she said that I challenge her and disrespect her and the other house members. I mean, really now! What the actual fuck??? Yeah, it's not like I go around slaughtering people left and right. It's just a fucking piercing, just tattoos, just whatever. I'm so fed up with this bullshit it's not even funny :dry:

Perhaps a strongly - but polite and respectful - worded letter is in order. I've never been good with talking about these things face to face. I came out to them in a letter, and that was already pushing the envelope a little. So why should this be any different? I was told by my dad and my sister that the decisions I make and actions I take directly influence everybody in the household, and extended family too. But getting more ink is a personal thing, deciding to pierce my eyebrow may have been a bit more extreme but I can't seem to figure out why all of this is such a big deal to them. Oh well... I will try to have a conversation with my mom face to face :eek: I want to hear from her mouth what the problem is here. My best friend is covered in tattoos and my mom doesn't have an issue with her. My dad says she's beautiful and people gravitate towards her. So if tattoos don't stop other people from liking HER, what's the issue with ME getting more ink?

[​IMG]

6. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I carefully approached the subject of tattoos with my mom and we actually had a nice chat about it. But she thinks I'm doing all of this because I have insecurities. Maybe she's right, maybe she's wrong... But that doesn't change the fact that I want more ink. I've made peace with the piercing thing. I guess we will never truly see eye to eye when it comes to these things. And they are back in denial about my sexuality :eusa_doh:

7. PrettyinPunk

I'm not personally into piercings but congrats on getting your eyebrow pierced. It sucks your family is having such a negative opinion about it. I get if you live with other people there should be respect for everyone's comfort level but it's your body, your choice and hopefully your money. Plus you are an adult.

It's cool you had a good chat with your mom, have you tried explaining the tats and piercings are a form of art and self expression for you. If it's an insecurity issue continuing to modify your body won't make you feel better in the long run. But if it's cause you think it's awesome then do it up! I don't know what to do about the sexuality denying issue, I don't think I could put up with that.

I hope things become easier with your family.(*hug*)