1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proposal Ideas!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bubbles123, Jul 18, 2016.

1. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Hey guys! I like to think about creative ways to propose sometimes so I'm wondering what ideas you guys might have or have seen. How would you want to propose/be proposed to or would you want something completely different and non-traditional?

I probably would like to propose if I get married in the future, just because I'd love to come up with something really creative and make my partner feel special. I like the idea of them stumbling upon a "will you marry me?" message. Perhaps doing one of those things where you stand in say a forest and if you're in just the right spot writing on the trees or rocks will line up to say the words. Or maybe having them do a scavenger hunt filled with special messages if it's not too cheesy:slight_smile: Maybe a giant mural that I make somewhere! Haha now I'm getting excited, I should stop, but what are your guys's ideas?

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Haha, I saw one in an anime. A girl proposed to a guy by leaving him the marriage registration papers in his school locker (they went to the same school)... when they weren't even together... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I saw someone get proposed at Disneyland.

4. iiimee

Go to their favorite restaurant, if you can get a table near a lot of other people in the restaurant, (nothing too crowded though!) and in front of everyone get down on one knee, rip out the ring, tell them how much they mean to you, and in front of everyone ask if they'll marry you.

5. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I proposed in five feet of snow up in the mountains. With the romantic clacking idle of a mechanical diesel engine in the back ground.

Yes, I am that redneck :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I actually like the idea of a scavenger hunt. And maybe like with each clue they find, there will be like a momento for a memory associated with each clue along with a cute message hinting at where they could find the next clue. And then the final clue would lead them to a park or somewhere romantic (or even a backyard of a home) where I would get down on one knee and propose to him.

---

Don't worry about getting excited. Speaking of, I think I just planned out my proposal idea (and I'm not even with anyone o: )

7. ScarletWitch

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Oh my gosh! I love the scavenger hunt idea! I would totally do this if I decided to propose to my future partner.

#7 ScarletWitch, Jul 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  8. I AM MEOW

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's cheesy as shit, but I've had this idea since I was a little kid, it'd be in a city square or something like that, or some other place that's usually crowded, by a water fountain wishing well thingy, and it'd be late enough at night that there would be no people around. I'd point in some direction to divert her attention and when she looks back I'd propose.

9. Jellyfish Clear

This is really unrealistic but I saw it in the anime planetes and I really loved it (probably one of my all time anime scenes). It was where the two characters we're on a space walk looking down on earth from space and were playing shiritori(word chain) and the 'ke' came up. In Japanese marriage begins with 'ke' so he used the opportunity to propose to her and she accepted (but lost the game). It was the sweetest thing ever.

10. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Jellyfish, Daww, that's so cute. :3

11. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is such a cute idea!

I don't think I'd ever propose to anybody myself (because I'm a dick - kidding, I get rejection anxiety) but if somebody did this for me it would be amazing.

Really though, I'd be happy with pretty much anything, I just wouldn't want to be proposed to in public - or, at least, not if I was going to be at the centre of attention, so I'm not a fan of restaurant proposals.

What would be nice, as sappy and cheesy as it is, would be to be proposed to on Christmas day/eve or on New Years' day/eve. Or whilst on holiday, or in a special place like a forest or by the ocean. I'm secretly a hopeless romantic.

#11 Gunsmoke, Jul 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  12. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is definitely not going to happen simply because it involves two horses and it'll be longer than I want to wait before I can afford that. But I've been picturing it for years.

We'd go out on a trail ride, somewhere remote that circles through a field. It'd be summer, the field filled with wildflowers. We'd stop there and I'd ask my horse to bow. I'd get off, get down on one knee, and ask her to marry me.

13. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Guys! I just thought of the perfect one! I don't know if anyone has seen the Princess Diaries with Anne Hathaway, but there's this scene where her (Mia) and her mom do an art project where they have a large canvas covered in paint-filled balloons that they throw darts at to make the paint splatter into the canvas. I was thinking of doing that with my future partner, but ahead of time I'd write "marry me?" In clear wax on the canvas so when the paint starts going on the canvas, it will go everywhere but the words and they'll see it written out! Yay! So excited by this idea, so far that's my plan.

14. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've actually been thinking of ways to propose to my gf recently. My proposal idea is very personal to her liking. But we usually try to make a short vacation to the beach each year because that's her favorite place. I would probably pay her best friend to come to the beach (as a secret, not letting my gf know) and we would enjoy the day on the beach. Then I would have her friend go down to the beach before sunset and write will you marry me in the sand with shells or something. Then we'd take an evening walk on the beach and "stumble" upon this. I would have her friend hiding out of site so she could take pictures as I dropped to my knee and proposed to her :slight_smile:

15. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could be a fucking nerd and incorporate gaming or pop culture into it; like putting a ring in a pokeball and telling them "I choose you" or ask them to be the player two to your player one. If I was slick, I would have done that for my partner.

16. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Aww that's such a cute idea! Best of luck:slight_smile:

17. tyro

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Cute thread :slight_smile:

18. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love that idea!! At first, I was confused on how it would work out. But then I saw they key phrase, "clear wax." Wouldn't painter's tape accomplish the same goal? and it might be less expensive

#18 Randy, Aug 15, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  19. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Thanks! Painters tape might be good, but I'd probably want to do the painting with them so they uncover the words and I wouldn't want them to see what it's going to say ahead of time, but if I were to just make it and present it to them, painters tape would probably be a lot easier.

20. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally I think marriage should be a mutual decision that should be made by a long, honest conversation.