1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBTQ Clubs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gunsmoke, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hope it isn't too soon to talk about this.

Anyway, I was just wondering - for those of you who frequent LGBTQ clubs, what are they like? I know I probably sound really ignorant but I've never been to any club, so I really don't know what to expect.

On TV and all, they make it out like all clubs are full of loud, sweaty people trying to get laid and that's really not my scene at all, but at the same time I want to get out and casually meet more people like myself. Obviously clubs will be different from one another but are there any running themes? The main thing holding me back is the claustrophobia I get in environments like that (AKA noisy and crowded spaces), as well as my personality as a generally quiet, reserved person - and, of course, the fact that last time I was stuck in a crowded place playing loud music I ended up having a panic attack.

So... What do you think? Any advice? Should I even bother with them?

Thanks!

#1 Gunsmoke, Jul 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  2. guitar

If you're going to a club, you're going there to dance. I mean, you don't have to, but that's kind of the point. Wear decent clothes, although most gay bars I've been to guys are typically shirtless as the night goes on - at least in the summer.

Many larger cities have more lounge type gay bars where you can do karaoke, or just sit and chat and meet people.

Personally, dance clubs aren't really my scene, but I've gone from time to time.