1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the worst scent you've ever smelled?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rado84, Jul 19, 2016.

1. rado84

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My sister just cooked something that smells as in my worst nightmares, so I decided to ask you: What's the worst scent you've ever smelled?
    For me it's the smell I'm gonna try and describe. I suppose you all know what a wet stray dog smells like? And I'm talking about a stray dog that has been in the streets its whole life. Well, think of 100 wet stray dogs stuck in a 4x4 meters room with you right in the middle of that. The smell is so bad that even the two flies that came god knows from where ran away...
    In case you wonder what is it that she cooked - it was wieners - supposedly made in Germany.

2. Formality

My upstairs neighbour once left a moose carcass on his balcony. One day as I was opening the balcony door to let some fresh air in I was hit with the most awful smell in my life. I looked down on my balcony and was shocked to find a puddle of yellow slimy lumpy goo filled with maggots over half of my balcony floor. The bloated rotten carcass on the balcony above was boiling in the sunlight letting out that yellow pus, dripping from his balcony down on mine. It was nightmarish to clean up, I'll tell you that much.

#2 Formality, Jul 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  3. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Omg, that reminds me of the one time our garage freezer died......

4. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Guy didn't wear deodorant and wore the same clothes everyday day

5. rado84

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    And? Keep telling, please. :slight_smile:

#5 rado84, Jul 19, 2016
  6. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the nightmares <3

For me - well, I have no idea what it is that's causing the smell and sometimes I worry that it's some weird kind of hallucination, but every now and then, when I'm in a certain area, I'll smell this really awful, sour thing that smells like a mixture of diarrhea and vomit. Specifically, old diarrhea and vomit as if it's been there for a while. Ughhhh.

7. Glowing Eyes

Some random smell on the road to Florida. I think it's a swamp but it happened during night portions of two rides from multiple years ago. This year was't quite as bad.

8. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My sister's farts.

She enjoys walking into my room when I'm in there, farting, and leaving. o.o

9. Xochipilli

A rotten potatoe. It doesn't sound so bad, but the smell was fucking disgusting. I used to be a CNA and I've smelled all kinds of shit (literally), but very few things came close to the smell of that damn potato.

And also some of the little old people I worked with had gastric bags and the rancid smell when emptying those was also nasty as fuck. :lol:

10. rado84

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    She's not the only one - my sister does that too. :confused:

11. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, so many things... One of which I am sure I would get in trouble for actually mentioning. And it would likely make some people actually sick to think about.

I hauled garbage for five plus years, I'll just leave it at that.

12. CoderK

We have an apple tree in our backyard, and my sister, who is supposed to clean the area around it decides not to do it, so when the rotting apples fall into our chlorinated pool in Fall, its pretty gross.

#12 CoderK, Jul 19, 2016
  13. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My sister's dog used to roll in it's own dung and prance about the houce, ick. Not much more to say there, self-explanatory.

That and some horrible body spray the boys used to saturate the air with back and high school. I'd bring a scarf to school and tie it around my nose to help me breathe. Was both smelly and allergy-agitating.

14. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Rotten, raw ground beef.

15. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A friend of mine took this nasty banana pudding my middle school used to serve and put it in a spray bottle. He let it ferment in there about 3 months. He then sprayed it in some kids locker during track practice. When the kid opened his locker people started puking from the smell. Never seen so many teenage boys run screaming like little girls (by that I mean the high pitch of a 7 year old female).

The coach came in and started yelling "quit yer grab baggin and get to practice". He turned around and started having the dry heaves. The assistant coach was standing in the corner."whoever has the power better let it out".

It smelled like rotten eggs and rancid bananas and just disgusting vomit inducing putrescence.

16. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So my least favorite odor to smell is probably that of a skunk's discharge.

At the same time though, the only thing that's ever actually brought me close to puking was a dog's day-old-ish mess that I had to clean up inside our house. Just walking by dog shit in a park or something I'm fine though -- maybe it was that I had to stay near it for a prolonged period?

I've encountered rotting corpses before (no humans, thankfully), and I'll take them over the above two.

17. Ashley2103

When I was cleaning a dried out pond filled with dead fish and picked up one, but little did I know its guts were filled with maggots and just poured like they were liquid.......I will never forget that smell and its been over 8 years since I did that.

#17 Ashley2103, Jul 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  18. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ahhh yes, many fond memories. I remember finding a rotting whale tail about 5 meters long lying on the beach once :lol: We didn't care though, and went swimming there anyway.

19. DragonOfNarnia

An old man seated next to me on the bus last year. He smelled like BO mixed with dirty metallic coins and grease. He even LOOKS as unhygienic as he smells. I was struggling to suppress my gagging because I was on a public bus. Worst still, I couldn't move away because the bus was crowded. I'll never forget that smell. Bleaaaaaarrrrrrggggghhh

20. rudysteiner

This is going to sound like I'm some kind of sadistic psychopath, but dead kitten. One of our cats gave birth outside in the garden once and brought five kittens into the house. It was only a few days later we realised there should've been 6. Not the best thing to see and smell as a 9 year old boy. Nightmares still.