1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How the hell did get fat in the first place??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by starfish, Mar 11, 2009.

1. starfish

So I been going to the gym and working with a trainer for right at a month now. I have lost my first 10 lbs. YAY!!!

So my trainer set me up on this web site that tracks my caloric intake. My goal is right at 3100 calories a day. Giving me a 750 calorie a day deficit.

So when I started going to the gym I also changed my eating habits. Nothing drastic, eating more smaller meals and more fruit. Avoid the really bad stuff like candy, fries, pizza, etc.

So today I entered everything in the web site as I ate it. I ate just like I have been the past month, was not hungry at any point. One exception was that I got a Mocha Latte while out with friends tonight.

So after entering it all in the web site, I had a total of 2400 calories. Had it not been for the latte I would have had 2050 calories. So today I am at a 1200 calorie deficit. I am not hungry or eating foods that I don't like. This just boggles my mind. I can't believe the bad food was this bad for me.

2. tazz

tazz Guest

Yeah I use to be really into this fitness stuff because my goal was to go from in-shape to sort of an athletic-build (not too big though)...so I starting reading up on different ways to lower my bf% and heard about workout routine called HIIT (can be done on a treadmill, elliptical, etc)

Also, I was never into counting calories, I hated it and now I just understand what to eat and the right portions I should eat them in. Make sure you understand the differences between micronutrients and macronutrients because a banana for example may have 100 calories but as sure as hell won't effect you like some chocolate would....just an fyi

3. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Wow. You just mentioned macronutrients. Lol I didn't think people would actually get that worried over what was going in. You could also join my diet as well. I'm in the 60's almost 70's range of weight lost. It's called the Get Off Your Lazy Ass Routine. It's pretty simple. Make healthier choices when eating out, make soda a special treat, low fat ranch instead or balsamics, more fruit, and brush your teeth more often so it deters you from snacking too much inbetween meals. Oh, and exercise. My cardio usually as aan average of 610 calories. I can't stress the exercise part. Sure you may lose 5lbs by changing your eating habbits but the exercise is whats really going to shed them.

4. tazz

tazz Guest

reminds me of something Bill Maher once said on Leno, he's like "...ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you" :icon_wink

what if you're British?

5. Greggers

Sadly, im still sitting at *slightly* overweight, but not in an unhealthy way at all. You cant even notice it at all and most people think im skinny. But i have a slight gut..ish...maybe i am, skinny and in denial haha

I dont eat much...at all....

I have my special K cereal for breakfast, a grilled cheese for lunch, and then a very small dinner most nights that is mostly just veggies or a salad with maybe some rice or something.

And i bike most days for 30 minutes or more (indoor) while i lift weights at the same time.

And im STILL not loosing weight. Its because of my thyroid problem and genetics though. I have everything working against me to loose weight *sigh* If i eat pizza, it takes a week to burn it off because of my horrible metabolism and genetics

6. Kirakishou

I'm the extremely underweight, creepily skinny type person. I've started working out lately and I sort of have biceps now, but I can't get anything to show up on my torso.:dry:

7. starfish

The torso is actually pretty had to work, at least in my experience. That is were the trainer has helped me. We do a lot of stuff on the stability ball and that really works the mussels in your torso. Nothing like laying face down on a ball, lifting weight and trying not to fall off the damn thing. It is funny at first I thought has was just making that up, but after a couple of week I have found it really helps. I can tell a big difference in my abs. The extra muscle coupled with the fat loss feels weird. Feels like I am holding in my gut all the time with out trying.

8. Haha I just laughed really hard at that. What worked for me was increasing the amount of water I drink. I used to drink solely soda and that's what added to my weight but exercise plus water really lowered it.