1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dream Help

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jsandoval1192, Mar 12, 2009.

1. jsandoval1192

I keep having dreams about my best friend. Heres the background story: He claims hes straight but weve hugged/cuddled and weve done stuff most straight guys wouldnt be willing to. And hes said things like i said i wish i could hold him forever and he said he agreed. Plus just the other day he tried explaining how he feels differently about me compared to his other friends and so i jokingly asked if i held a special place in his heart and he said that i do. There are times when he acts like he's not straight but it's usually only when he's alone with me plus he knows im bi too. Now onto the dream: I dont know where we are but my head is rested on his lower shoulder/upper chest and he has his hand around. Next thing i know i turn and kiss him and he looks at me really worried and says "no, i cant do that" or something similar. Then i start apologizing and say that it was impulsive and an accident. Thats all i remember before waking up.
    What do you think about it? I cant quite figure it out..

You can also discuss any dreams you want others to help you decipher and interpret. =]

2. tazz

tazz Guest

Maybe it's some sort of cognitive dissonance, you know...where you're sort of wishing he was gay but have another feeling telling you that he's not...could be a rejection/fear sort of thing.

I've always wondered if all dreams had a purpose behind them anyway, cause I've had dreams that make ZERO SENSE WHATEVER and I'm waking up going 'wtf was I dreaming about that for?'

3. jsandoval1192

i was thinking that too. but i mean come on, would a straight guy do what he did today. we were in his car ALONE and noone was nearby and then he went and grabbed my crotch before he got out of his car. i respond by saying, "you can't keep your hands off, can you?" he replied by saying "No i can't" and laughed.
    Is that normal straight behavior?

4. Witch of the We

California's version of Munchkinland and the West
    If anything when he says no it means that you two will be growing closer. Though in certain cases a kiss often has a meaning exactly opposite of what you want; however if you two aren't in a romantic relationship it means that the two of you will be growing closer. But the rejection thing is often a sign to take it slowly.

5. diegon3

well maybe you do like him and you should tell him that way u can see how he reacts to it.
    but i recommend telling him as if it was a casual conversation and seem cool about it and keep track of his reaction you might find out what you want

6. Derek the Wolf

Dreams are just a way of unraveling the unconscious to make you aware of your deeper levels of thoughts. Or more scientifically, the random firing of neurons. It doesn't really mean anything unless you assign it meaning.
    Just because you've cuddled someone doesn't mean they're really gay. Just not homophobic. They may recognize you're a good friend and don't mind it cause you do want it. I've cuddled with a straight guy and an asexual guy, we're not in relationships, but friends nonetheless.

7. tazz

tazz Guest

haha he's bisexual at least, AT LEAST....that is hilarious though

Like what next, he unbuttons your shirt and says "whoops, sorry, accidents happen!" lol

8. jsandoval1192

Actually he tells me that he enjoys it. He says it's cuz it's me and that im warm and comfortable. And sometimes he's the one who starts the hugs nd stuff.

9. jsandoval1192

well i've asked him what would happen if i were to kiss him. and he said "who knows?" then i asked if he'd go along with it and he said kinda the same thing. but when i asked if he'd want to try he said no.
    so i don't know..

10. casjerem

casjerem Guest

i think before you tell him to give it some thought. because you're dreaming of this, it's probably definitely true that you have feelings for him.

i know how this dream stuff works. before i came out, i tried suppressing my thoughts and feelings, and because i did that, i started having so many dreams about guys, so while i was trying to hide these thoughts, they were manifesting themselves into my dreams. so i think that dreams are our subconscious trying to cope with what were not dealing with in our conscious minds. for example, though i dont know if this had anything to do with me coping with my feelings, but when i was younger, about 5 or 6. i had this recurring dream, and it lasted till i was 17, so this is still fresh in my memory. i had this dream in which i was in a place where there was absolutely nothing, nothing but white, empty space. out of nowhere, came this giant rolling ball. it was far away from me at first, but it got closer and closer. no matter what i did to try and out run it, it caught up to me. when it did, i got stuck in it. the ball was like some weird dough material. it was soft and comfortable at first, but sometimes it would change into this bramble bush. at times it would change back to its soft, doughy form, but it would change back to the prickly form. after so many years of having this dream, i finally stopped having it. but like i said before, i dont know if this had anything to do with it, but around the time i started coming to terms with my sexuality, i stopped having the dream. (please dont think it was weird, it was just dream, they're weird to begin with.

11. diegon3

Well hearing that it seems hes is interested but he seems to be questioning himself give him time to figure out for himself because it is he that has to realize for himself.

12. Alex19

im no dream analyst, but it sounds like u like him and u want him to like u too, but if u were to do something, your scared that it would turn out badly and/or compramise your friendship. but if hes gonna cuddle with u and stuff and say that your different to him than his other friends, maybe he isnt 100% straight...