1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talking to Friends About Relationship Problems

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FalconBlueSky00, Jul 29, 2016.

1. FalconBlueSky00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok, I had a childhood with boundary issues. So I feel like I just need other people's insight. If you're in a relationship is it OK for your partner to ask you not to talk about your relationship problems with friends? On one hand I can see the viewpoint that it violates their privacy. But on the other it would leave me without some support. What are your views on that kind of request?

2. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it depends on the problems in question, but ultimately if my partner would not want me to talk about them I would respect that. In fact, I assume that is the case by default and will discuss it with my partner first if I want to talk about our problems with friends because privacy is something I really value. I would hope my partner would do the same for me, and it is something I will probably bring up somewhat early on in the relationship so there is no confusion and we are both clear on what we are comfortable with and what is not OK to share.

3. Garm147

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So... Sometimes we need to talk about things whit friends but... Let me exolain what happened with me few years ago..
    In my LTR we were having some problems and when i realize my gf had been talking about what she felt with a friens
    D... I was angry just because se talked about she felt with another person and i didnt know anyhing... If she hald told me before how she felt and then with her friend it would be ok... But an outsider knowing before me it was really bad...