1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my straight mate interested in me?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by clmbuxton, Jul 30, 2016.

1. clmbuxton

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So guys I need your advice as i don't know how to play this now!!

So moved into a shred house last week and met this straight guy and we lived together for about 3 mths until we went our separate ways. While we were living there we hung out now and then, but did not really get to know each other well. he always made an effort to chat to me and would stare at me from across the table when we were on the net, and he would always hide from me in the house to jump out on me and scare me. We got chatting one night and found out we had alot in common and talked for hours.
    He then got a bit moody with me when i hung out with another guy there, and then he moved out. I moved out a month later and he would still come and visit now and again. We arranged to go to a fashion show together before he moved out and we had not contact for about a month.
    The fashion show was nearing so i contacted him and we arranged to go and i invited him around for dinner a couple of night before.
    He came round for dinner and brought a bottle of wine, he had been around mine for about an hour and while i was cooking he came over and put his arm around my waist and i leaned in for a hug and put my arm round his waist and gave him a squeeze as it felt right but also a bit strange as he is straight. We stood there for about a minute then he went and sat down and we ate dinner then we went to his place for a while (he lives in a house full of straight blokes then i went home.
    We carried on texting until the fashion show and had a great night, after the show we went out and then back to his friends and he said he was going to come back to mine to stay, i said fine. On the way back I said to him that his mate was cute and he got jealous and said not as hot as me. It shocked me a bit his reaction and i said of course your hotter and he shyly smiled. Anyway we went back to mine but my housemates were in so he took me back to his place and we watched Netflix and fell asleep not in each others arms and i left before he woke up due to his mates being in as well. So from then on we started hanging out more. We have such a great time when we hang out always laughing and joking and he is constantly taking the piss out of me and me him. He mentioned on a few occasions when we were out in public that people we looking at us like we were a couple but did not go into it further and I did not say anything as thought it was a strange comment to make.
    We are always touching each other and fooling around and he invited me to a party he was having at his work. He said he had 3 girls coming that night for dates with him and when i arrived he was sitting at the bar i saw him notice me then pretend he did not, so i went up to him and put my arm around him, he turned around on his chair and hugged me and I ended up standing right in between his legs literally nearly touching his crotch. We carried on talking and joking then he grabbed me by the back of the neck and pulled me towards him (for a Moment i thought he was going to kiss me so did my friends) he stopped when i was close and looked me in the eye and said I's so great your hear and to see you , even though i had seen him the day before. Then the whole night he kept putting his arm around me and telling where and what he was doing when he had to leave me. We then went to a party after and we decided to leave. He said to come and stay at his so i said ok. We got back to his and hung out for an hour and then he said that do i mind sleeping on the sofa ? i said fine when then chilled and watched netflix and fell asleep. when he went up to bed he winked and said he would see me in the morning. When he came down in the morning we looked at each other and smiled with that nod as if we both know what each other r thinking.
    So after that he went a bit awkward and we did not hang out as much for about 2 weeks but when we do we flirt and touches me all of the time but still talks about girls way to much when r together (like to much). stretching in front of me, following me into toilets, and i keep catching him checking me out as do i him and i do exactly what he does to me to see how he reacts. He never flinches and we are always touching each other when we hang out. We both needed to move out and we talked about getting place and he said he wanted to see how things went over the next few weeks. I mention it again but he did not seem keen so i left the ball in his court. So we carried on doing our thing together only getting more intense between us. He is constantly hiding and jumping out on me and said that he is going to do it forever and we keep threatening to wrestle each other. he then out of the blue asked me to move in with him but only into a 3 bedroom house not a 2 bed place. I agreed and i said he makes the rules here and that i appreciate him. He was really happy and keeps saying he cant wait to live with me and we can shop/cook and hang out more and he keeps asking me about my plans for the future are. So we signed the lease yesterday and while we were out he was touching me even more than normal and was touching my chest and squeezed by biceps saying how much they had grown. And i flirted back.
    I keep catching him checking me out but he then looks away and sometimes when we look in each others eyes its intense and he looks away or at me too long. But then he goes strange and cant wait to tell me all about the girls in his life even though sometimes i know he lies about them, its feels like its to much and that he is trying to get a reaction out of me!!I feel a strong connection with him, it feels right to move in with him but how do i play this ?? can you help we both obviously have feelings for each other, he is 25 and im 33 can you give your experiences and opinions.

2. kronixx

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    From what I can see probably, but idk.

3. 108

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have never known one of my straight friends to behave like this with another guy. I would definitely lean towards thinking he's interested, maybe not out or completely comfortable yet, but that's far beyond average behavior.

#3 108, Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  4. faustian1

Since you like to gaze into each others' eyes over a very short distance, why not try saying, the next time, "God you're sexy..."

He's definitely not any straighter than I am.

5. europeanguy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    if he's straight, then im a dancing leprechaun lady with six cars, a mini-fridge and a flying pig, my house is made entirely from skittles with the words "taste the rainbow" spelled out in them on my front garden. he is TOTALLY coming onto you, although he might not realise that thats what he is doing so maybe he needs to come to terms with it himself (trust me, trying to force him to come to terms with it or at least make him can backfire VERY badly), even i can read that he is into you, and im autistic so it must be very visible.

#5 europeanguy, Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2016