1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender Euphoria?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Eris, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Eris

Eris Guest

i see gender dysphoria discussed more often than the euphoric counterpart (probably due to the fact that we tend to focus on the negative parts of life rather than the positive ones, or perhaps because, gender euphoria doesnt exist)

in your opinion, does it exist, and if so, what was your experience of it like?

i seem to experience occasional "butterflies" at random times of the day in my body, sometimes passing all over the veins of my arms, its the kind of feeling that makes me want to laugh but i try to suppress because its not inherently funny or normal to feel that way. maybe its somehow related to the gender euphoria? i dunno.

2. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If it exists I've never felt it AHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA...ha...
    [​IMG]
    Please help

3. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have no idea wether that is a thing or not, but maybe? I know there are times when my sense of gender flips more feminine but I can't express it, and then when I can there is a sense of relief/excitement?

4. AmyBee

I think it does. I mean, I can't really say what "feeling like a woman" actually consists of. But I do know there are moments when I feel congruent with my gender identity as a woman despite my body and suddenly I feel very whole. It's exactly that kind of tingly, giddy, euphoric feeling with butterflies and everything you're describing and I know it has to do specifically with feeling my gender.

5. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I totally believe it exists. Before I figured out the masculine part of my identity, I still knew I wasn't binary and was open about that. But I looked feminine, like heels, make up, skirts, long hair, the whole deal. I didn't feel bad about it, I thought I looked cute (still do). When I first tried binding and wearing more masculine clothes though, it was like a lightbulb moment. Like, 'oh, this is me'. I felt more confident and more 'settled' in my skin.

6. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It exist. I actually feel it more than I do dysphoria. I am quick to notice when something gives me that exited, happy butterfly feeling vs the feeling dysphoria. I honestly have a hard time telling what is, and isn't dysphoria. If I'm having a bad day and everything is bothering me I'm not going to sit there and say "damn, my dysphoria is bad today." because for all I know I'm just having a bad day. I will not claim to be depressed or anxious. To many people already claim they are when they are not.

But I do know when I am happy and overjoyed, and I know when that is triggered by a gender related thing like passing my reflection in the mirror and catching a fleeting glance of male. So the majority of what I have concluded about myself has come from my euphoria and not my dysphoria.

7. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Charles Asher did a video on this a few years ago

[YOUTUBE]tCWoEvbbGzQ[/YOUTUBE]

8. thrashgal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    i dont get this...ok are you meaning feeling euphoric in your own skin with the gender you were assigned at birth, or overall with the gender you identify with, becuz i notice alot of trans people are responding in terms of their gender they identify with...so would the question in relation to my circumstances be "do i ever feel gender euphoric being female?" umm, yea i suppose theres moments im like "fuk im so glad im a chick" but theres not really a 'euphoric' sense to it unless im doing sumthing completely chick related surrounded by chicks and i can connect humanly to them, then i feel "empowered" but not nessessarily euphoric...most of the time im feeling "ugh dudes have it so much easier lucky bastards i hate being a girl..."so...:icon_roll go figure.

9. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh yeah I know that butterfly, soaring, cuddly warm feeling. I used to not know what it was, but now I realise, because of this thread, it's because I feel whole and happy in my identity. It's such a wonderful feeling, like you're floating through soft clouds, or soaring on a warm breeze... I only get it occasionally, but when I do, I just feel so happy( I get really cuddly too actually hehehe)

10. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really understand gender euphoria. I get a moment of feeling 'high' when people gender me correctly or read me as male, I dont count that as euphoria though? People validating me shouldn't, but does, make me feel better about myself. I have never felt 'euphoria' or anything good about the body that I'm in though, only hate and dysphoria. That might change when I go on T and get surgery though, who knows.

11. AmyBee

That's the kind of thing I mean, actually. When I'm really connecting with my friends and they're relating to me as just another woman and we're doing something "completely chick related surrounded by chicks and I connect humanly to them." I feel happy in those times and really glad to be in this gender.

Other times we actually talk about that same stuff and they tell me "I hate being a girl" and I can actually relate to that, too. Maybe not as deeply, but I get what they're saying and it definitely cures me of any "grass is greener" or idolization or objectification thoughts about being a woman. I have people telling me it's much easier, but I always think, "Not from what I've been told."

But I also love being there to support my friends and how they feel comfortable enough with me as a woman to tell me those things and know they won't offend me!

12. AyaseKishimoto

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Same here, sometimes I felt that too.