1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cloning. (RS)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Secrets5, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

If it were possible to clone an adult using bone, and providing there was no hormonal/chemical imbalance in the womb, would the cloned baby be the same sex as the original adult?

--
    Note this might be seen as ''illogical'' for some people, but for this, let's say religion is true and there is a God and he made Adam and Eve.

In some of the adult Bibles, it claims that Eve was made from Adam's rib. If your answer to my first question is 'yes' - then it suggests Eve would be born of male sex. But she is a woman. And if God is omniscient then he would know, despite male sex, Eve is a woman; if God is omnibenevolent then he would love her enough to make her happy and accept her as a woman; if God is omnipotent then he would have the power to make sure her sex fits with her gender despite genetics. So following this, is Eve the first transwoman on Earth?

Just been thinking about this for a few days and absolutely no one to ask (since I don't go to Church). I'm not sure if this causes any offense, I apologise if it does (but I don't think anyone's asked anything like this before so nothing to go on).

--
    Also, depending on how you interpretate Simon [the book of], there is a same-sex couple. In my children's copy it just says ''they were the best of friends'' but in an adult copy it says ''there love transcends that of a woman''. Really nothing to do with my first and second part, just thought I'd mention it.
    --

Thoughts?

#1 Secrets5, Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  2. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think there's very substantial evidence that says that's not how humanity started.

3. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally, I don't believe in the idea of a deity, and I don't know much about cloning either- so unfortunately I can't be of much use here.

I've never heard of the book of Simon before- but when I Googled it, pages about the Bible came up- so I take it that it's to do with the Bible? Excuse my ignorance- it's been a while since I last learnt about religion, and all I remember learning about Christianity was the sheep and the goats, Adam and Eve, the lion and the mouse, the good Samaritan, Nativity, Joseph and his multi-coloured coat, Lent, and Christingles. I don't think we ever did anything about someone called Simon in RS. Or maybe we did, like I said, it's been a while.

#3 Canterpiece, Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  4. Brytaleith

I don't think this has much to do with the creation of humanity (even if I do believe that the world was created in seven days).

Human cloning is all science that we are well aware of and with predictable outcomes. Genetics and shit. Anyway, I'm assuming you want to clone a human being from an adult stem cell. I don't really do biology (it's been ages, i might forget) but the only time when sex is determined is when the sperm fuses with the egg, no? And the stem cells — those are already part of the result of the fertilization. That is, the sex has already been determined. So yeah, probably, the sex of the clone will be the same as that of the donor.

((Tbh though, if the bible says God made a woman from Adam, that's not really cloning even though it's pretty shit similar — i mean, the bible says eve was created, not how, so cloning is just one possibility and all we can do is speculate. But that's just me amd I guess if you want to dispute that then whatever because i refuse to get into a discussion about religion))

5. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nah the clone would have XY or XX (or a rarer variation) depending on the adult from whom s/he was cloned. Genetics would dictate the biological sex.

This is based on scientific knowledge not faith, however.