1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Les Misérables is coming to Vancouver!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Greggers, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Greggers

First show is May 9th, and its running for quite a good while! :slight_smile:

Im SO excited because Les Mis is one of the first musicals i ever saw and it has a special place in my heart. SPECIALLY Master of the house :slight_smile:

[​IMG]

Anyone else from the area thinking of going?
    Anyone else seen Les Mis and just LOVE it?

2. Stuie

LUCKY! I want to see Les Mis, but I've read the book, which I recommend to everyone if they ever feel like reading something so thick and so heavy. It's so wonderfully human and the musical is great too. I have about half the songs on my computer. My favourite song is One Day More. :grin:

3. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Best musical ever! I've seen it at the West end in London and I am desperate to see it again....lucky you greg!

4. Mr Bojangles

I seen it in the West End. 'twas stirring stuff (I'm a history buff, so I didn't just enjoy the singing:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

5. Eccentric

Oh! My french teacher got tickets for April 1st at the Hobby Center. I'm considering going.
    Pros: I skip a day of school, hang out with some friends from french class, get away from the annoying french students in my class that don't care about learning or even behaving
    Cons: I miss a day of April Fools, I need to get $25

Yeah, I think I'll see it

6. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My friend is taking me to see it (in Vancouver, since that's where I live) for part of my Christmas present.

It was the first "real" musical I ever saw and I totally fell in love with it. I've seen it a gazillion times (where a gazillion = about 8 or 9, which totally represents a gazillion dollars because musicals aren't cheap). Last time I saw it was last year in London when I was there.

I like Master of the House but it's not my favourite. I'm not sure if I have one favourite number from it because I was just trying to think up one and I kept coming up with about 5 different numbers. I think it depends on my mood.

But yeah, it's a fantastic musical and totally worth seeing if you have a chance!

7. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

One Dayyy Mooreee!
    I'm a Les Mis obsessionist as well. I have the anniversary CD and I listen to it far more often than is wise. The first time I saw it my highschool was performing it. It was probably the best highschool play anyone has ever created; the drama teacher was a flippin' genius.

What's the cast like? Is it a tour? Most importantly, will they ever be coming to Montreal?
    Inquiring minds want to know.

8. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  9. OneHatMadder

I have had a crush on Enjolras for most of my life.
    I don't know why but I am madly in love with him!

And one day I WILL play Master Thenardier! I will!
    *Sigh*
    Such a pity Enjolras and Thenardier don't have any love scenes.