1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obsessed with lesbian characters

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BelleLey, Aug 4, 2016.

1. BelleLey

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I can't help but look at every show i can find with lesbian characters in it, and of course they're always my favourites. Should i read something into it or can straight girl feel that way too ? It's a bit silly perhaps, just humor me :icon_bigg

2. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, I guess the obvious question is do you find women sexually attractive? Cause your favorite t.v. show characters probably aren't a great indication of your sexuality. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can relate to an extent, in my case it's mostly jealousy. Thinking along the lines of "Why can't I be her?"

Might be different for everyone, I'd say it's a start but you might need a little more to go on.

4. Embi

Embi Guest

I preferred queer characters ever since I got into the lgbt+ community but back then I still thought I was straight. I think it's mostly that you will focus on those characters more when you start getting into the community or start questioning your sexuality. And if you already know your sexuality, you search for role models. I wouldn't take this a the only indicator, but if it is one of many, it could mean something.

5. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I dunno when I had this whole theory about how my favourite member of an all girl band was secretly gay and about 3 well thought out scenarios about how we would become girlfriends, maybe then that should've been a sign. I dunno about just liking lesbian characters... I don't think I watched much with lesbian characters until I started questioning and at that point, I was watching it for them, so how could I not focus on them?

6. BelleLey

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I do find women attractive but that's must be the only clue that I've got. I know I ought to get out more and put myself in a position where I could find out, it's hard though.

7. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm usually consuming "straight" media, so maybe it's not the best indicator of your sexuality, but maybe understanding why you are obsessed with lesbian characters could give you answers. Pay attention to who you feel attracted to in real life, ask yourself if you can relate to the lesbian characters. Good luck.

8. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a lesbian and I usually consume the most straight media, but I feel that's mainly because It's easier to find. I do like couples of all genders though, and am currently focused on roleplaying/writing my own fictional hetero couple.

But I'm still a lesbian.

Here's what I think: I've been out for almost 12 years now. Once you first start coming out, you develop an obsession with your sexuality and all that relates to it. I know I did 12 years ago too! But eventually, there came a time where my sexuality was no longer the most important part of me, it was secondary. I could enjoy straight couples and male characters, despite knowing I was still 100% gay, because I wasn't obsessive over my sexuality anymore. The newness of discovering your sexuality is what causes this I think.

9. BelleLey

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks for your replies, it's interesting to have another perspective