1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I hint to other lesbians that I'm also gay without directly saying it?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sapphiregirl, Aug 5, 2016.

1. sapphiregirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I feel a bit 'hidden' as my appearance doesn't necessarily suggest that I'm not straight. My style does, I think, because all I like to wear is skinny jeans, Converse, combat boots, and t-shirts, jackets, flannels etc. Maybe it's my hair. I have straight, brown hair, just past my shoulders. I usually just wear it out. My face itself, and facial features look quite feminine. I do get told I'm "pretty" quite a lot. And men look at me a lot :eusa_doh: I do find that whenever I wear a beanie or snapback, I get a lot of looks from possible lessies.

When I have to work and wear a uniform though, I can't express myself through my clothes at all, so I feel super hidden when I see more butch girls walk in, or cute androgynous lessies. Besides super obvious rainbow jewellery, do you have any tips for me?

#1 sapphiregirl, Aug 5, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  2. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had a similar question about guys. Lol. Just be yourself, talk, flirt, a light touch can work as well, to let someone know your interested in them. I met an overly Hetero guy the other day that I'm sure isn't, one of those guys that over compensates when he's talking about things, engines, 4x4n, girls, but I could almost see a little smile underneath all that, I know where he works, so I'm going to go pay him a visit one of these days and and test out my newly assembled gaydar, see if it's working.

3. Dobby

Out Status:
    A few people
    You could always fulfil a few of the stereotypes or signs people look for, I hate to admit i do it because it should always be about being your true self ect. but in all honesty these are a few of the traits that hint possibly lesbian to myself (not that i'm a qualified lesbian, i'm still learning)

- If i see a girl with a masculine wristwatch and short nails (i keep my nails short despite not being in a relationship partly for this reason/(and not hygienic for my job)...which i suppose is a bit sad haha)

- this seating position on a chair: If i see a girl who opens her legs and leans forwards resting her elbows on her thighs and clasping her hands. it just screams lesbian to me, i don't know why or if it does anyone else? i'm not saying change your body language but even doing this pose for like 2 seconds would indicate it possibly to me

- eye contact, probably the biggest indication, hold your eyes with hers and let them show excitement/curiosity/knowing and let a small smile naturally happen, break away if too intense but then glance back to meet them again.

but ultimately i would just keep doing yourself , or use your official gaydar by setting your dating app (Swipe left or right) to a radius of 2km and only women haha

good luck : )

#3 Dobby, Aug 5, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  4. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I do all these things religiously haha. Oh apart from the last one... I don't quite want to be online... I'm a coward.

5. BelieveinLove94

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My problem is figuring out who's gay and who's not, I had a crush on a girl all semester last year and it turns out she was straight

6. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well I had a crush on a girl all year but I thought she was straight, so I tried to keep it down and developed a crush on a bi girl. Turns out the first girl wasn't straight and they got together while I was over here stumbling over my gaydar. Now that sucks.

7. BelieveinLove94

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That does stink. I think my gaydar is broken.

8. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well at least after that blew up on me big time I no longer had the problem of trying to pretend to myself I was straight - no-one feels that depressed about their friend getting a girlfriend for no reason. I think my gaydar is okay actually, I sensed her gayness I just didn't trust my gaydar since I haven't used it enough. I'll have to see if it works better in the future.

9. sapphiregirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I love this answer! And it's actually super funny... because I literally fulfill all of those haha. I wear this black watch and my nails are always short/trimmed. Plus, I like to wear a few black plain bracelets on my wrist. I always sit with my legs slightly open lol, NEVER crossed like most girls do. To me, this position screams gay too haha! And I'm really working on improving my eye contact :slight_smile:

Thanks again!