1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The best part of being LGBT

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Guff, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Guff

I just have always wondered, what would be consider the absolute best lone part about falling into LGBT [or anywhere in between] and what's the absolute worst? For me the "best" would be that living in a extremely homophobic society with homophobe parents/family being gay has forced me to actually think about it and now I wont grow up with discrimination towards these people which I probably would've if I never had a real reason to think otherwise. Worst part is knowing 1 day I'll come out and will immediately lose all my friends/family's love.

2. White Knight

Best part of being LGBT is, at least for me, it made me and making me more open minded that whole country... I can easily say I am more emphatic to things and people my country usually things very inhumanly.

Worst part is living in this country... especially each passing day that Hyena Kingdom grows in strength, it became suffocating.

3. Awkward Balloon

For me the best part of it is the freedom. I am lucky to live in a relatively liberal country where marriage equality was recently legalised by popular vote, and homophobia isn't an everyday issue for me.

But being LGBTQ frees me from the expectations that my non-queer friends have to live up to. It sounds silly, but I don't have to conform or try and be anything I'm not because I'm gay. I can be masculine or feminine, and I don't care at all about what people think.
    The same can't be said for my non-queer male friends, because if they stray too far from the norm they might be accused of being gay. I mean most of them don't care, but being a teen most people try desperately to fit in and stick to the status quo. (See, I just made a High School Musical reference.)

I just find it really liberating.

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No unwanted pregnancies.

5. Jellyfish Clear

That I have become more tolerant of minorities and being more open minded about all the different types of groups of people in this world.

6. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Definitely accepting myself has made me politically more liberal and into social issues and such. Personally it's made me more caring, confident and able to express my tomboyishness. Its made me feel sorta part of something. And it's given me somewhat difficult experiences that are like gold dust to draw on as a songwriter.

7. iiimee

Um, nothing? Being trans is a curse for me. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: People can say it's awesome, and it may be for them, but I'd much rather be cis than trans.

8. GayPugs

The best part of being part of the LGBTQIA+ community is...well...I suppose being part of a community is fun. I don't really like other people and I don't fit into any other categories. I'm not goth or chic or nerdy or any of that and I really have no friends but it's fun being in at least one community. The worst part by far is coming out. Will they accept? Will they not accept you? Then the nights where I endlessly ponder why my mom was so upset about me being a lesbian but doesn't care about me being Genderfluid....oh yeah and my dad who doesn't even know what bisexual means.

9. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel there's more freedom in me being homosexual, and not having to deal with the bullshit hetero relationships have. Discrimination is worse, but It's worth the price.

10. Reikokuna

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really think there is a "best" part ot being LGBT, it is not like it is an exclusive club closed to "outsiders". So no privilege there really, but if I had to say one it is being able to hook up without worrying about a call 9 months later!

As for the "worse". That one I can't say from personal experience as I have been lucky so far to have not had much negativity aimed my way due to my sexuality. The only thing that really annoys me to no end is being asked if I am "A top or a bottom", since when does being gay mean I lose all my privacy? *sigh*

11. Glowing Eyes

I really, really great when I feel like myself.

12. Guff

To the people who said it's not some fun privileged club and it's not good at all, I didn't mean it like "It's just so great lets pick out our favorite part of this large blessing" I just mean am having issues being optimistic about myself and thought hearing others optimistically speak about it might help some.

13. mattypants

this plus the still being able to have easy access to sex for sure for me. if i was exactly the same but being straight, this would be a very big issue cause of something else in my life

the worst is the treatment we get. the struggle is thee worst

14. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Honestly can't think of anything that I would say is "good" about me being LGBT. My sexual orientation has had no effect on my political views, nor has it helped me become a stronger person. Con would just be having parents who you don't know how they'd react to your orientation and living in a society where being bi or gay isn't fully accepted.

15. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I suppose the only good part about being trans for me is no menstrual cycles. Everything else is far from good, I'd also much rather be cis than trans.

#15 Blood Elf, Aug 6, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  16. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    THIS
    THIS
    thisthisthis

#16 RavenTheRat, Aug 6, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  17. logansarah

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Best is knowing that there are people out there going through the same things you're going through.

18. Sigtu12034

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the best part is that i get a lot of attention from my friends an people after i come out :lol:
    And like some others said, i like the fact that it made me open minded. If i was straight, maybe i would be against LGBT for no reason like some other people are. Or maybe i would be racist to different kinds of people too because i wouldve just been one person like the majority who doesnt know what it feels like to be different and to be discriminated because of it.

19. Enjel

Enjel Guest

The best part of being part of the LGBT Community, for me, are; being intellectual by default; the test of character; finding the people in your life that genuinely care about you; gaining emotional, mental, & physical discipline; the diversity of people within our community; and going "green." It's quite honoring knowing that you are a part of it.

20. ChameleonSoul

The only good things that happened for me are that I became a much more open-minded person and that it's easier for me to know who will really be there for me if things go downhill. Other that that I can't think of anything else. The queer part I'm fine with but I'd much rather be cis than trans.

#20 ChameleonSoul, Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2016