1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re: I hate Religion - to Tazz

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AeonToy, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AeonToy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree with some of the things that Tazz said about many religious fanatics take their stance too far. But the stereotypes of religious people into two different categories is like having fanatics stereotype all gays as pedophile rapists.

I am sorry that your experience with religions has been extremely negative, but not all religious people are as judgmental and psycho as the crazy people in those videos. For example, my pastor at my church knows about me and accepts me for who I am. He understands that we do not choose to be homosexual.

to say that all religious people hate gays is equivalent to saying that all white people hate black people, or that all Muslim people are terrorists. Qualifying people into stereotypes has only created misconceptions and more hatred. True, some white people do hate black people, some Muslims are terrorists, and some Christians are extremely conservative, but the flip side is also true.

We should be trying to help these people understand that God never intended us to be the sin-police of other people. My pastor summarized the commandments into two different overall meanings. The first four communicate into "love God", the last six into "love other people."

2. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Where is the I Hate Religion thread? :confused: Did I miss it or Mod's zap it?

3. BeautifulStranger

The mods locked it and for fair reason.
    A thread with the title 'I hate religion' will stir up controversy that we don't need on a message board that hardly has anything to do with religion.

I mean sure... lot's of us aren't accepted because of religion, but that's not what we share.
    What we share is the fact that us or someone we love is gay.

Religious views should have nothing to do with EC in my oppinion.

4. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^ What he said.

The other thread was locked to avoid world war 3. Posting a reply in a seperate thread just creates another potential flamewar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.