1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To all biromantic homosexual people: Have you ever...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by HuskyLover, Aug 8, 2016.

1. HuskyLover

I have a question to all the other biromantic gay people on this forum, it's something I've been wondering about lately.

Have you ever fallen in love with someone of the opposite sex? If so, were there any difficulties?

There isn't much behind this question, really. I'm just curious if and how it actually works, since you obviously wouldn't really be sexually attracted to them...

2. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm not biromantic myself but it probably works the same as an asexual hetero/homoromantic individual falling inlove with someone romantically

3. CameOutSwinging

So, I guess this could be a category I fall into.

See, while I'm still struggling to fully commit to saying I'm "gay," I do know that I'm way more attracted to guys and barely at all to women. I've enjoyed sex with guys since I was 19, and I've enjoyed sex with girls when I've dated them. My romantic history is two long term relationships with women, though I've also had feelings for guys (but that's more recent than anything).

I refuse to believe that the feelings I had for the girls I was with were fake or false, so I guess I am biromantic.

In my experience, it has been hard. Mostly because I haven't ever been okay with the idea of monogamy with a woman. I need a connection with men in my life, and usually I seek that out sexually. I'm trying to date guys now so that maybe I find a romantic connection in addition to sexual and feel better overall. I might also just be poly but really not sure.

You ask specifically about not really being sexually attracted to girls and so how does a relationship with one work. For me, when I have an emotional bond with a girl, it eclipses any lack of physical attraction I may have. And sex is very enjoyable because of that same emotional connection. So that, for me, has again never felt fake or false.

It's just felt complicated. Very complicated. To be honest, it is a major reason I want to just focus on guys now.

4. Scorpio1024

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm biromantic but, I identify as lesbian. This is because everyone craves physical affection. Basically, unless they're biromantic/asexual it's really awkward. Lots of tension. You can't really fullfill their desires. So, I just don't bother with that kind of relationship. It happened to me before. But, it's like some girl stole my attention and then I completely lost interest in him.