1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rants! Excitement to Sorrow

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by logansarah, Aug 8, 2016.

1. logansarah

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you ever really been excited for something only to find out that it wasn't happening? That just happened twice this week for me. I really wanted to join the LGBTQ community in my area, problem, most of them are not for my age. Than on about the only LGBTQ organization website I finally find something that might fit, so I research the event location and a couple more details than I email the address given and wait about a week. Two days before the event I still haven't gotten an email back, so I decided I might as well call the place the event is hosted at. They answer and say that it doesn't really meet anymore. :bang:

On the same day on the same website that I got the details for the previous event, I look for another event and I find one that is less interesting and I might still want to go to. Problem, the event is not listed on the website I found for this location. I decide to ignore my instincts about this being another brick wall. I call the place they don't answer so I leave a voicemail asking about the event and my number to get back to. :tantrum:

One day later my dad gets home so I ask him if he could check it out since he's good at this stuff and apart of the second locations organization. After a while of researching he tells me that the event wasn't even scheduled or exist. :bang: We also found out that the website I looked at wasn't an official website of the organization, but a fake.

I have given up temporarily until I start school to see if I could join their LGBT club. :tears::bang:

Though this makes me wonder on what do the adults that don't want to meet people in bars or aren't in college even do in order to get in the LGBTQ community.

So frustrating! :tantrum::tears::bang:. I am calm.:dry:

Thank you for reading this rant. It helps to have people listen.

Has anything like this happened to any of you before?

2. GayPugs

Almost the same thing happened to me! All the LGBT clubs in my area are for people older than me (also I'm homeschooled so no school LGBT club) I've been searching and searching and I finally found one and my mom helped me go to a meeting of it and it was so awesome! (But I cried at one point and that was really embarrassing but it was fun anyways) and I was so excited so I am subscribed to their website and it sends me an email whenever we have a meeting! We're supposed to have a meeting every two months or so. It's been 6 months since the first (and apparently last) meeting. Life is not in my favor.

3. Glowing Eyes

For me, it happens when I think I'll have the courage to do something (usually a social situation) but when I actually get there, I realize how strong my anxiety is and I freeze up. Afterwards, I think I could have talked. Next situation, same thing. And the cycle continues.