1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you find it easier to lie about your sexuality?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tre, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Tre

Tre

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I find it easier to lie about my sexuality than to tell the truth about it. Mainly because I had some bad coming of experiences. Since no one believed the truth, I really doubted my sexuality.

2. Snoww

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ohhh, hard question. I think it's easier to hide it but it affects you in a negative way. Explaining can be sometimes hard(er) but it's worth it. I've had some experiences too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Ryu

Ryu

At the moment, yes. Because I still have no idea what I identify as.

4. Tre

Tre

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My sexuality is way too complicated to explain. It's easiest to pick the sexuality they will react to the best. For some people that's asexual, for some people it's queer and for some people I say nothing at all.

5. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I haven't told many people that I have lost interest in sex. Most know I'm biromantic though. If they don't, I feel no need to tell them.

6. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I do find it easier. Not only to tell people that I am straight, but on the rare occasion, I have been known to tell people that I am completely gay.

7. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hell yes..
    I lie for no reason in real life..
    I don't see a reason to lie on the internet unless people I know are there..

8. Lallo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There are plenty of times where I give an awkward little smile and leave it alone. It's significantly easier to not bother correcting the random person I will never encounter again. Though I am a delivery driver by trade, and I have broken a drunk girl's heart when she offered to strip for me... so I'm not always silent to strangers!

9. Reikokuna

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I spent most of my life thinking I was not gay due to things that happened in my childhood, so at the time it never felt like lying I guess, so in that regard it was "easy". But once I had accepted who I was, I didn't find it hard to come out and tell the "truth" either.
    Even though at the time I did not see myself as gay, sadly it did not make others not see it, I guess my subconscious wanted to be out or some jumbo as I always had friends asking me if I was.

10. LeticiaTheLesbo

Usually yes, it's easier to just say no to the "do you have a boyfriend" question than to say no but it's because I'm lesbian. Sometimes it's just easier so that you don't have to get side tracked from whatever task is at hand and have to sit down and answer a huge slew of possible questions or have to deal with the possible negative reaction. Unless a question really arises with my sexuality or if it happens to come up in conversation I usually don't go around trying to find places to scream "I'M GAAAAAAAAAAY" I wouldn't call this lying though, just not telling the whole truth.

11. Izi

Izi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know! I wish someone would ask me. I guess that would be much easier to reveal it rather than me bringing it up myself! That just feels so scary. I guess people just assume I'm straight because I'm in a relationship with a man and have kids.

12. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah it's easier for me. I'm so glad that my friends don't let me live in a lie and push me up because I benefit hugely from it. Without that support I'd probably be stuck in the closet forever.

13. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Neither lying nor telling the truth is easier for me. I tell the truth.

14. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Very much so. I used to always think I was boy crazy. That alone made my mom very close to me when I was young. But what I was really feeling, was the craving of having a crush and admiring someone. Since I was young, and taught to like boys, I became confused. When I had my first kiss, it was with a boy. I was 13 and we kissed one night in his bedroom. I was expecting to feel the butterflies and see stars that everyone was talking about. But I didn't. All I felt was kinda excited that I finally got my first kiss. I still liked him, but I wondered why I wasn't feeling butterflies. I stayed with him for 9 months after that because he was fun to be around and I cared a lot about him. I broke up with him because he made me mad about not caring about his grades. It only took me 1 month to get over it, so that told me it wasn't love.

When I was 14, I got my first kiss from a 17-year-old girl. When she kissed me, I felt a huge wave of butterflies in my stomach and I did see starts. Of course, the stars were from my blood pressure spiking because I was so excited. That's when I knew I liked girls more than boys. It took me 2 years to get over her, so that's how I knew it was love.

I did not tell my mom about this until I was 23. When I told her, the look on her face mortified me. She looked as if she saw a ghost, because all the color from her face turned pale. I then panicked and told her it was a phase. She believed me. So now, I doubt I will ever tell her. I just cannot live with that guilt.

#14 Anthemic, Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  15. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nope. I have had a few people question it when I tell them, they think I'm ace because I have never had sex before. But, I don't let any of that make me want to lie about it.

16. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No. I'm happy and secure in who and what I am. If someone doesn't like that, they can go f#*k themselves. I never lie about my sexuality and will openly tell anyone who wants to know.

Happy days :slight_smile:

17. jenne

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yes...i think if i tell the truth people will not take me seriously and will make fun of me because being homosexual isn't that common in the society i live.. it sucks! but i don't say i like guys..i just don't say anything..

18. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It depends on the situation, if it's a conversation with a regular person then not really but if I'm talking to a very religious person then I'd hide it unless I know they're okay with LGBT people.

19. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It may seem easier, but what happens when you have to tell the person you lied to the truth? Coming out is hard enough, but a flat out denial makes it so much harder. It's always very hard to back out of lie.

20. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No, because I'm a very bad liar - I end up laughing. The only way to stop myself is to make myself believe I'm what I'm lying - and that isn't going to happen.