1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you like your neighborhood?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by olides84, Mar 16, 2009.

1. olides84

Hey, I am about to move next month, somewhere I know I will like better. Thought I'd ask:

So what about your neighborhood? How would you describe it? If you don't like where you live now, what type of neighboorhood do you want to live in?

2. kettleoffish

I live in a relatively rich, small town (~8000 people) in rural Scotland, although I'm not in any way poor, I feel poor here, and I hate the place. I'm the only openly gay person even close to my own age.

3. Cool Beans

I live out in the country, so it's not really a neighborhood. The few neighbors I do have are fine, and there's a clothing-optional resort half a mile down the road.

4. Greggers

I live in a small town that is the suburb of a suburb of a suburb of vancouver. The only reason anyone lives here is A) to commute to somewhere else for work B) to die.

We have no movie theater and the only place of entertainment is an old bowling ally thats always full. There are more churches than anything else here, and since its quite a small community nearby everyone kinda knows everyone somehow.

...and this place is hell on earth. Hell. On. Earth. I am fully out now, but because of it my old church and old Christian high school have basically shunned me and spent the last two months washing there hands because they cant stand the thought they may have touched me. Its not a very good place to live for me at all. Sure its small, quaint, cheep, and peaceful. What im looking for is big, load, cheep and busy! Thankfully, i drive for just over an hour or so and im in vancouver :slight_smile: a place that there is room for everyone in. And im sure you dont have to drive to another city for the movie theater...

5. tazz

tazz Guest

I've always wanted to live in the states but Vancouver is the only other Canadian place that appeals to me. I live in shithole, Ontario right now, I want out :frowning2:

6. Greggers

Ah so you live in Barry?

Anyways, Vancouver is -THE- bomb, but so is Toronto :slight_smile:

7. Myke

Myke Guest

The house on the left is a rental house so i get new neighbours every 4-6 months, the family in the house on the right is pretty cool, single mom with daughter and her uncle but the daughter has become one of those snotty, preppy girls. We don't talk as much now. As for general people on my street, as kids we used to play together, one of my good friends lives down the street from me but a lot have moved away.

8. L|L

L|L

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I swear my town is Native-American for "gay hell."

I have dogs next-door who wake me up at 6:30AM. Most of those East of the tracks are condescending. The cops are asses. No one knows how to drive. Bars are old.

So, yeah. May 1st I go back into the city. I can't wait. *does happy dance*

9. Sarah

i dont really want to describe it so ill just say DONT MOVE HERE!! it sucks. Salinas, CA never move here

10. twilight lover

i live in oz and around my area hahahahah no fucking way im coming out there all thugs and deros and omg no way hell no i would have to be the hulk to defend my self they would proberbly bash me i hate my naborhood i wana live some were els

11. Ronnie92

I live in the nicer part of Atlantic City. Mostly Elderly people, they are pretty nice. The only downside is that the education in my part of town sucked so bad my mom sent me to private school for years so I basically have no friends where I live. Going to a highschool where everyone comes from a different part of the county does not help either. I want to go to the west coast, living by the water so long makes me home sick if I cant see it everyday but the weather is just bad in the winter. I need more sun :slight_smile:

12. ricoca

Westwood, CA.
    It's south of the UCLA campus and it's an awesome place to live in. I mean there're lots of food places here catered to students especially. Plus it's pretty near West Hollywood so you're not deprived from the "gay" scene. I kinda feel it's a safer neighbourhood than the area where my school is which is in Woodland Hills, CA.
    :grin:

where are you thinking of moving?

13. MusicIsLife

I live in this teeny tiny itsy bitsy suburb called Terrasse Vaudreuil. No one knows where the hell it is, and the only thing to do around here is get high or drunk. Its mostly french, and im english so i get a lot of prejudice thrown my way cause of that. I really wanna move downtown, but alas i cannot afford it >.<

14. Eleanor Rigby

I live in a tiny tiny village in the country. I don't have immediate neightbour. I don't really know the people who lives around, except when they are the parents of my pupills. I like the place where I live most part of the time.

15. Stuie

I love my neighbourhood. It's possibly the most BORING suburb in the whole of Melbourne though, but it's a great place to live. All the neighbours are great and I'm within walking distance to most of my friends.

16. olides84

Oh, I'm just moving from the docks area to a more central neighborhood of my current city - Antwerp. It's closer to a lot of my friends, don't need a car as I can walk or take trams/buses/trains everywhere. The city is quite gay friendly too, probably the best in all Belgium.

But, I used to live in Westwood!! Yep, I'm a proud Bruin :grin: I always wondered what it was like for kids to live there, given that it seems so dominated by UCLA students.

17. Mana

I live in a lovely little village in the countryside, mainly populated by old people, and people with small children (our family comes under the second category so we fit right in). The attractions of this village are the golf course, the primary school, the church, and of course, the bus stop, where the x1 but comes whenever it feels like, to take you to the closest thing we have to civilisation - king's lynn, or, referred to by most as "up town". "up town" is the hotspot for the local chavs. One of the nearby villages - Terrington - combines the two things that this area does best perfectly - fields and chavs - what with the awful chavvy horrible lying evil High School, then approx. ...infinite fields. There are, of course, decent people here, but they're usually hiding from the chavs...

NOTE: this is just my personal opinion of the area... you might like it... I really don't though...

If I could live anywhere else it'd be a city-like area... like London. London is fun. It has tubes! :confused:

18. davo-man

Well, in general, I quite like Adelaide. It's insanely peaceful, has greenery EVERYWHERE, a river that runs nears the city (when it's not just mud...damn engineering mistake sent all the water downstream), all the clubs/pubs are within walking distance/are within about a 50 m radius, great family atmosphere, great schools and an AWESOME mall, called Rundle Mall that literally has balls

[​IMG]

Downsides are that there is very little to do for teenagers, apart from the Ica Arena, movies, shopping, beaches, pools....oh, i guess there is a bit to do.

More specifically, I quite like my suburb. It's right near a main road that travels directly into the city, has buses that come every 10 minutes to take you to the main bus terminal (which then takes you anywhere you want) and which also has the O Bahn, which may be my favourite thing in the city :grin: Plus, I'm within walking distance to work and to the shopping centre, which has DVD store, bakery, fruit/veg, grocery store, pizza store, newsagent and chemist...pretty much anything I could need

I love my suburb and city, they're awesome. So if anyone wants to travel to Australia, I heartily recommend Adelaide :grin:

19. Mr Bojangles

Ooooh where do you live?

I live in one of the freehold developments called The Springs. It's very homogenized and whatnot, I'd prefer to live in an appartment tbh:slight_smile:

20. sdc91

I like it. It's the third richest city in the U.S. after factoring in the cost-of-living and it's always really clean and safe. The only bad thing is it's pretty boring... there's just a mall, and that's about it.

Can't complain when you have houses in your neighborhood that look like this:
    [​IMG]

#20 sdc91, Mar 17, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2009