1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you change your look when you accepted yourself?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Izi, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Izi

Izi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    After I came to turns with my sexuality, I have been so much happier. it is so much easier to know what kind of clothes, shoes and accessories I want, how I want my hair, and do my makeup, and I can see that I have slowly kind of changed how I look and how I walk, sit and act. I didn´t care much before. I don´t know if this is a more gay-look, but it is for sure a little more masculine than before. I have lost noticeable amount of weight only in a couple of months and it all together has changed me and I feel my apperance reflects more how I feel inside.

I have been shy before, and now I am more outgoing, happy, laughs a lot, and more flirty.

Can anyone relate to this?

2. HuskyLover

Ugh, I wish. I really want to change my style to something that would fit me and my sexuality more, but as I'm far from being out (not sure if I ever will come out either), it just hasn't happened.

I'm happy for you though!

3. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I care a little bit more about what I look now. I still don't put a lot of effort into what I look like though :lol:

Probably TMI, but before I just didn't care about a lot. So if I wore holey, stained clothes everyday, I did not give a shit.

4. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I re-pierced my right ear, started wearing looser clothing, and cut my hair the shortest it's ever been.
    That's about it.

5. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I started wearing a rainbow bracelet. That's about it~. I don't like to change my appearance much.

6. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I did.

I bought a binder in 2013 so I could finally start wearing shirts my own size. I also started wearing jeans instead of the super baggy pants I used to wear. So, I actually like my look now while I used to think clothes only needed to cover up my curves and that's it.

Now, I can truly wear what I want since top surgery.

7. mangotree

Yeah, went a bit crazy with clothes and hair colour/style experimentation :slight_smile: was kinda fun.

8. Formality

I didn't exactly radically change but I started allowing myself to determine what I'd like to wear and how I want my hair etc. I've slowly stopped caring about what other people expect from me and go with my own gut feeling. If I like an article of clothing I will buy it regardless of how feminine or masculine it may be perceived as by others.

I'm still trying to become more comfortable with myself and allowing myself to fully explore who I am. It can be rough sometimes and I sometimes feel supressed by societies expectations of me as a man, but I am slowly feeling more comfortable with my original individual self.

In all honesty if it wasn't for the fact that you are perceived as a crazy person if you walk around with weird accessories or unusual makeup on your face I'd probably have a flair of avant garde in my styling. A bit out there eccentric so to speak. Maybe I'll get there someday, just not now. Most days I just enjoy wearing comfy old ripped clothing and a dirty old snap-back over my unwashed hair. But I'd quite like to have that "self-confident freedom", so to speak, to go crazy every once in a while.

#8 Formality, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  9. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is interesting to me, because this is exactly what I was asking about on here a week or so ago. I had a topic asking if there was a link between being gay and trans.

You came out as gay and started dressing more masculine. That's not to say that everyone who is gay is also trans, but it seems there is some kind of correlation considering how many gay people don't seem to fit themselves into typical gender roles like straight people do.

10. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Ihave suddenly become much more put togeher. My hair is always somewhat styled, I always think about my colours when dressing, ive started wearing all this jewellery that I never used... And yeah my actual style has got more masculine... Though sometimes it's actually more feminine too... Though yea ive started buying mens clothes, perfume, everything and anything mens that ive ever wanted. I've always had a fascination with mens fashion and perfume and accessories and everything really. So I find this freedom I'm feeling to take these things for myself exhilarating.

#10 SHACH, Aug 13, 2016
  11. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I got sort of a different cut? Then again I use to always change up my hair from time to time.

12. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I started dressing the way I want, anyway. Previously I'd just copy my sister and others in an attempt to not stand out too much, but I quite like doing things my way.

13. Rainbow Lantern

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes but not much. I was already wearing men's shirts but now I'm baggier pants too and I'm going to buy more men's clothes (because that's what I like to wear). I also want to cut my hair short but I'm going to wait a bit (because of dance classes) for that and just fake it for now (which is why I wish they let us wear hats at school).

#13 Rainbow Lantern, Aug 13, 2016
  14. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well yeah, I started wearing girls clothing.

#14 Blood Elf, Aug 13, 2016
  15. StefaniPurrr

nm

#15 StefaniPurrr, Aug 13, 2016
  16. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I changed from don't-care-that-much into a kind of soft butch style. I wear little to no makeup and wear a lot of loose clothing (especially hoodies and sweatpants) but I am definitely keeping my long hair. I did dye it purple though. Also having real pockets in my pants when buying them from the men's section is the best thing ever! :lol:

I guess I changed a bit but not enough for anyone to really comment. I do feel a lot better about myself now and am much more confident too.

Gender roles and gender expression have absolutely nothing to do with being trans. Heck, they do not even have anything to do with being gay. I have several straight female friends who are also very much women who dress like I do. The most butch woman I know is both straight and also a woman. Don't confuse society's made up gender-related stuff with actual gender or sexual orientation, there is no connection there.

17. guitar

My look hasn't really changed. I wore band shirts then, I wear band shirts now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. Guff

I've always been the guy to wear pink V-necks in public with wristbands and bow ties. I've never really cared how I look, after accepting myself I still look the exact same.
    Maybe I'll change something when I actually come out, but I doubt it.

19. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well now I'm trying to get guys attention by dressing "slutty". Not really slutty, just short shorts.

20. MrSkittles

Cutting my hair, dying it blue and starting to wear beanies. That's pretty much it when it comes to changing my look